G19 9MM Reloads [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G19 9MM Reloads

Tecstar1
01-05-2010, 23:58
I was given 8 lbs of Accurate #5. Would this powder be ok for reloading 115 Gr Lead RN's for paper punching for the 9MM?

New to reloading, just got a LNL AP (X-mas), waiting to receive the ABC's of Reloading, and plan on getting the Lyman guide,(any others recommended for a newbie). At this time I only plan to reload 9MM, 38's, and 223.

Thanks in advance for any help/assistance/suggestions.

Ron

Bones507
01-06-2010, 01:33
Hey Tec, try this link out. Do not ask for loads online, i know youre not asking for a load, youre just asking if its safe, i understand that. Make sure any info you get or use is from a reloading book or a manufacturers website, this way you know you will be safe.
In the meantime, i checked the Speer book and didnt see anything and also checked my Lyman book and they had loads but for a cast 120 grainer. Hodgdon book had nothing also. Try the link though and see what the reload data has on it for 9mm cast.
And welcome aboard.

http://www.accuratepowder.com/

dudel
01-06-2010, 03:05
I was given 8 lbs of Accurate #5. Would this powder be ok for reloading 115 Gr Lead RN's for paper punching for the 9MM?

New to reloading, just got a LNL AP (X-mas), waiting to receive the ABC's of Reloading, and plan on getting the Lyman guide,(any others recommended for a newbie). At this time I only plan to reload 9MM, 38's, and 223.

Thanks in advance for any help/assistance/suggestions.

Ron

AA#5 is a fine powder for 9mm and 115gr lead RN. As you are starting out, keep the speeds in the low to mid range (good idea for lead anyway). 8# is going to go a long way in 9mm, you should get several thousand rounds out of it.

Load manuals will give you a starting point. Load up about 10 at a time. Read up on pressure signs. Change the charge weight by .1 grain up and down, then load 10 more. Document your loads as you go. The good news is that one you get your load set up, you won't have to worry about powder changing from lot to lot.

You don't mention what you will be shooting them from; but if an auto, then you want to check for proper cycling of the action as well.

DWARREN123
01-06-2010, 04:26
Go to Accurate's web site and they should have load data to get you started.

Hydraulicman
01-06-2010, 04:49
it loads just like any other 9mm luger

shotgunred
01-06-2010, 05:10
I know the feeling. I have 7 pounds of AA#5 sitting on a shelf. I don't use it and keep thinking I should insted of buying more of other powders. So far I have resisted the urge as I like the loads I am currently using.

ron59
01-06-2010, 05:15
Removed.....

rg1
01-06-2010, 08:58
Just to mention that Glock factory polygonal barrels are not recommended for lead bullets. Some shoot lead in their factory Glocks and report no problems with barrel leading. Just a reminder to watch for barrel leading in the Glock factory barrels. I haven't tried any lead bullets in my Glocks so I have no experience except for jacketed bullets.

fredj338
01-06-2010, 12:42
In the meantime, i checked the Speer book and didnt see anything and also checked my Lyman book and they had loads but for a cast 120 grainer. Hodgdon book had nothing also.
Keep in mind you can ALWAYS use heavy bullet data for lighter bullets. So using 120gr LRN data for 115grLRN is perfectly safe.