Anyone interested in a class on reloading pistol ammo? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a class on reloading pistol ammo?

KYgundoc
01-06-2010, 07:11
I was asked to get a teach a class on basic metallic pistol catridge reloading at Bluegrass Indoor Range. They have had interest in this by some newer shooters. I use Bluegrass Indoor to teach my KY CCDW classes and I also help out with the weekly combat matches on Thursday evenings so they asked if I could teach a class on basic pistol reloading. I have been reloading ammo since I was 12 so not a problem to teach. I have a date for the class and due to a few conflicts the class was put back to Feb. 20th. I have had some people who want to attend taking an IDPA SO class that day so I found another venue for an earlier class. I will also be having this class at Silver Creek Conservation Club outside Sellersburg, IN on Jan.30th. Below is my outline for the class and I hope to cover this in 4 to 4.5 hours in the class and another half hour or more on the range. There will be 2 classes and if you can't make it to one then think about the other date.

Course Outline
Lesson I
Introduction to Reloading
and Reloading Safety
A. Course Orientation
B. Introduction to Reloading
C. Reloading Safety Rules

Lesson II
Metallic pistol cartridge Components
A. Cartridge Case
B. Primers
C. Powders
D. Projectiles (Bullets)

Lesson III
Using the Reloading
Manual and Reloading Data
A. The Reloading Manual
B. Using the Reloading Data
C. Reloading Data Safety
D. Trying Different Loads

Lesson IV
Metallic Pistol Cartridge Reloading Equipment
A. Identification of Reloading Equipment
B. Maintenance of Reloading Equipment

Lesson V
The Metallic Cartridge Reloading Process
A. The Reloading Process
B. Reloading Hygiene

Lesson VI
Basic Metallic Pistol Cartridge Reloading Practical Exercise
A. Review of Safety Rules
B. Step-by-Step Reloading Process
C. After the Reloading Session

End of classroom work
Lesson VII
Range testing of your reloads.
A. Shooting your reloads
B. Problems to look for
C. Proper brass retrieval and etiquette

I am going to try to squeze this into 4 hours from 10 till 2 for the classroom and maybe another hour for the range time.

PM me for instructions on getting your name on the list for the class and directions to the class and range.

DF

KYgundoc
02-13-2010, 07:28
Ok my first reloading class was a success and I found out it would not fit into 4 hours but almost. I have openings in my Feb 20th class if you are interested in finding out the how you can take the used piece of brass on the floor or ground and make it shoot many more times I can show you. You will be reloading pistol ammo in this class and shooting it if you want.
pm me for contact info.

rd3
02-14-2010, 18:39
Hello, what is the cost for the class?

KYgundoc
02-14-2010, 19:23
$50.00 and I supply all the components

cpolk
02-14-2010, 20:15
Is there going to be a third class? I'm interested but can't make the Feb. class.

KYgundoc
02-14-2010, 21:52
Is there going to be a third class? I'm interested but can't make the Feb. class.

Might be one in april at Silver Creek Conservation Club.

rd3
02-18-2010, 06:01
I'm interested in the 3rd class, just can't make this one work. Its a great idea

KYgundoc
02-20-2010, 21:08
Had another great class today and another group left ready to save money and have ammo when they need it not when Wal mart gets it in.

Houngan
02-23-2010, 15:30
I know I'm breaking the "no for sale posts" wall, but I'm going to post some Large Pistol Primers for sale, if anyone is interested. Needless to say I can't ship them, so hopefully some local folks need a few.

H.
Matt Griffin

KYgundoc
02-23-2010, 16:25
I know I'm breaking the "no for sale posts" wall, but I'm going to post some Large Pistol Primers for sale, if anyone is interested. Needless to say I can't ship them, so hopefully some local folks need a few.

H.
Matt Griffin

Matt go over on http://forum.kentuckianafirearms.com/
Post them there it is all local and there are many reloaders on that site. You should join and introduce yourself first then post your forsale stuff. That way it stays local and you do not have everyone wanting you to ship.

rd3
03-12-2010, 07:13
Just checking back in. I sure do hope you have another class. I'm blowing a lot of money on 10mm rounds plus I just like to do my own stuff

JENN ANDY
03-12-2010, 17:31
Yes, I would be interested in a reloading class. I already had things planned when you held your most recent classes. I'll watch for your dates. Tk-

EKUJustice
03-15-2010, 21:20
I would be interrested

KYgundoc
03-15-2010, 23:53
Everyone think of a good date in april to have a class and I will try to get a place to have this.
DF

rd3
03-16-2010, 11:15
Saturdays 4/10 or 4/17 work for me. I can't do 4/3 because of the easter weekend

JENN ANDY
03-18-2010, 22:44
4-10 is good for me.

EKUJustice
03-20-2010, 19:11
usually 1st or 3rd sunday works here

JENN ANDY
03-21-2010, 00:03
First Sunday's are good for me , too.

KYgundoc
03-25-2010, 21:53
I have a date and a class room April 17th at Silvercreek Conservation Club outside Sellersburg, IN Cost is still $50.00 To get in the class you will need to reserve a spot. PM me for my contact info.

seanmcp
03-31-2010, 18:44
Arrgh! I have to work in Nashville that weekend. Figures :) I'll just have to harass you later for 1 on 1 at a higher fee *laugh*