Glock 21 with Warren Tactical Sight Questions . . . [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 with Warren Tactical Sight Questions . . .

tbird911
01-06-2010, 07:50
Hi All,

Just snagged a Glock 21 that I plan on using for carry and paper punching. After doing alot of reading, I have decided on the plain Warren Tactical rear sight, but have questions on the front sight. I plan on going with the narrower fiber optic front blade at .115 wide (versus .125) but I'm not sure about the height. I plan on having Chris over at www.cpwsa.com put them on for me and on his site it says:

"All Warren Tactical and Sevigny sights are designed for a six o'clock hold with the .215 tall front, or to shoot point of aim/point of impact with the .245 tall front sight."

I want the point of impact to = the point of aim. In other words, I want the bullet to impact right at the point of the front site blade. Knowing that, I would (based on the statement from his site) choose the .245 height.
Yet when I read posts on this forum, I think most of the guys that run these sights say they have the .215 setup with my desired results. Can anyone comment . . . I hate to get the wrong thing.

tabacm11
01-06-2010, 10:35
I have three sets of the three dot warren tacs on my 19, 17, and 34. I ordered all of them from Brownells. I think that they are all .215 from what their website says. From what I've noticed you don't really get into a six o'clock poi until about 25 yrds. And it seems that the 34 has the biggest poa poi change from 10 out to 25 yrds. I think that if you order the .245s you should get what ya want, just be warned that it's going to be a tall sight. There should be no problem with comptac or bladetech holsters, but watch out for some of the custom leather as you will get bits of leather on the end of that front sight as you draw. Another thing is that I'm shooting with a .125 wide front sight, that fo .115 sight is going to have quite a bit of air on either side of it, good for quick shots, but I find it hard to get the best accuracy out at 25 and 50 yrds. I guess it just depends on what ya want the 21 for. Best of luck.

ricklee4570
01-06-2010, 17:26
I never have understood tactical sights that are not set up for point of aim point of impact. In a stress situation, you are going to ail where you want to impact, not ar 6 o'clock.

I too would like to know the right sights (Warren) for poa-poi.

tbird911
01-06-2010, 19:11
I never have understood tactical sights that are not set up for point of aim point of impact. In a stress situation, you are going to ail where you want to impact, not ar 6 o'clock.

I too would like to know the right sights (Warren) for poa-poi.

So I spoke to 3 different dealers about the Warren Tactical and here's the overall idea . . .

I bought the plain black warren tactical rear sight and opted for the Warren front sight which is red fiber optic, .115 wide and .245 tall.

The general consensus seems to be that out to about 10 yards, either the .215 or .245 are poa=poi as one gets out to 20-25 yards, the .215 sight will be more of a 6 o'clock hold, whereas the .245 will maintain much more of a poa/poi relationship. I probably put way too much thought into this, but I'll post some pics after the install and some results after the range.

Tbird out