wwb or hornady critical defense in .380?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : wwb or hornady critical defense in .380??

eamonher
01-06-2010, 15:30
Ive been carrying WWB FMJs in my little LCP for a while now since that is all I can find in .380, and plus i've heard that in a .380 it is better to carry FMJs than JHPs do to the limited penetration of the JHPs. Does the WWB have good penetration? WOuld it be worth it to trade to the Hornady? Ive run around 450 WWB though my LCP and they are 100% reliable.. Any thoughts on this? Should i keep my current ammo or go for something else? Any recommendations?

High Altitude
01-06-2010, 16:03
I carry FMJ in my LCP. You need all the penetration you can get with the .380. I prefer bullets with a flat nose.

Go read this thread if you haven't already.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1165386

There was also another similar thread where the person posting witnessed several .380 shootings with out adequate penetration using JHP bullets.

IMHO, there is no reason to use any JHP in a LCP or similar mouse gun like the kel-tec.

m44u
01-06-2010, 16:45
I to carry wwb fmjfp. I like it, just get what you feel comfortable with. Make sure to shoot and test what you carry.

Berto
01-06-2010, 17:22
I would also stick with FMJ, full weight bullets and preferably Fiocchi.
In a standard sized .380, I might then consider a JHP where there's enough velocity to get enough of both penetration and maybe good expansion.

ajstrider
01-06-2010, 17:29
I concur with the full metal jacket bullets for the .380. Flat noise ones are better I feel too, I am unfamiliar with .380 ammo nowadays, not sure if you can find the flat noise ones. Flat noise kind of acts like a cookie cutter, and punches a nice hole, rather than just pushing through like a round noise bullet might do. Some people may think this isn't a big deal, but I deer hunt with handguns and use big old fat flat noise cast lead bullets, and you can see the bigger hole they make compared to round noise bullets.

eamonher
01-06-2010, 18:20
I to carry wwb fmjfp. I like it, just get what you feel comfortable with. Make sure to shoot and test what you carry.

Do you know what speed they come out of the LCP? I havent found this anywere