Aguila IQ Ammo?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aguila IQ Ammo??

Angry Fist
01-06-2010, 21:16
I have heard of these rounds several years ago in some rag. I suppose they come in 9, 40 and 45. Does anyone know if they live up to the hype? and to all the reloading gods out there, how would a .40 bullet like this perform at full-house 10mm loadings? I'm no reloader, but say I came across a few boxes of this, could I somehow extract these to load into 10mm? Just wanting to know just how safe my Glock 20 can keep my family.

01-06-2010, 21:24
They suffer from "iffy" performance and are not highly regarded.

Stick with JHPs made by the major manufacturers (Remington, Federal, Winchester, Corbon, Hornady, etc.) and you will be fine.

Angry Fist
01-06-2010, 21:30
What is "iffy"? The whole hard/soft target deal? Or just overrated performance specs, like DT (which I just got my first box of 135's, which I haven't tried yet cuz I hate the cold) Help! I'd hate to pass up a good deal on rare ammo.

bentbiker
01-06-2010, 21:32
Wrong forum.

Angry Fist
01-06-2010, 21:37
Who out there knows what I need to know? My landlord is opening a halfway house right next door...

mclaren
01-07-2010, 14:36
I would buy it and test it in its factory form. Shoot it through some phonebooks, jugs etc. Then see if you think it needs to be driven faster. In my opinion as long as you aren't overpresure faster is always better.
If its 135 grains faster just makes it fragment sooner/harder.
If its 230 grains faster will make it open faster and deposit more energy.
For me it pans out on both ends of the spectrum. I cant think of a situation where I would want a bullet to go slower.

In the mean time the 135 DT loads should do great.
I can relate to your situation. My advice is to know the law, stay within the law, and if a "half-wayer" ever tests you or your family, make an example of them. Word spreads fast among worthless people. If you display weakness they will jump right in with both feet and make you kill them. The best defense is a good offense

Oh yeah and get yourself an 870 Express and some good buckshot for the house. There is no close quarters equal.

9mm +p+
01-08-2010, 01:44
I've fired them into wet newsprint and wasn't impressed, shallow pentration. They're fun range rounds as blast and flash are quite impressive but i'd rely on proven JHP's for my arse.

Angry Fist
01-08-2010, 08:43
Darn it! Just like everyone else out there, I was hoping I had a line on some super-ammo. Thanks for the advice, guys. Then again, if it was such a godkiller, they would be a lot more common. I love my glock, but NOTHING comes between me and my shotgun anyway.