Mossberg 930 Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 930 Question

frankr
01-09-2010, 02:42
Except for the sights and the magazine extension, is the Mossberg 930 Home Security (85320) the same as the SPX (85360). I was showing a picture of the SPX to a friend who said he had a Mossberg 930. When I looked at it, it look exactly the same as the SPX except it had a beaded front sight and no 2 shot shell extension. He and his wife our expecting their first baby and do not want the gun in the house. He said it only had one box of shells through it and would sell it to me for $250.00. If the SPX is a stronger gun I would rather spend a few more dollars, if they are the same maybe for a few dollars I just need to add the 2 shot extension and sights. What do you suggest?

mixflip
01-09-2010, 03:17
$250 for a semi auto shotgun is a deal anyway you slice it. The funny thing is...I actually would rather have the gun around to protect my new family rather than sell it? But hey thats their issue and you can profit from it. Heck I'd sell it for $400 or more and put that cash on the 930 SPX that comes with the mag extension and the Ghost Ring sights.

In my area the 930 SPX tactical sell for $590 brand new. I am actually saving up for one as we speak. I have $250 in a sock and I am selling my S&W Sigma soon so I should be a proud owner of a 930 SPX tactical soon.

If you have the cash, I say buy it. Get a $30 Choate mag extension that fits flush with the barrel and enjoy your new semi-auto home defense shotgun for a while. You will just have to figure out which mag extension fits best? I think an 18.5" barrel needs a +2 and a 20" barrel gets the +3?

onebadaxe
01-09-2010, 09:31
With the exceptions you noted, they are the same. I have an SPX, it is a great shotgun. If you don't buy it for $250, let us know where it is, someone here will buy it i'm sure.

frankr
01-09-2010, 10:02
I'm going to buy it. If it's the same other than the sights and the magazine extension. I think 4+1 of 00 buck is all I need if the bad guy is trying to get into my house. If not I also have 13+1 from my Glock 23.

Thank you

MSgt Dotson
01-09-2010, 10:37
He and his wife our expecting their first baby and do not want the gun in the house.

When was the last time you read/heard of an newborn infant loading an autoloading shotgun and injuring themselves or anyone else?

be sure to tell them to place a nice sign out front, that says "Baby in Home, Robberies/Home Invasions forbidden.... Please"

Their loss, your gain...congrats on your pending purchase.

DogRanger
01-09-2010, 12:39
***** slap that guy and tell him to take his balls back from his wife.

frankr
01-09-2010, 13:13
***** slap that guy and tell him to take his balls back from his wife.

After I get his Mossberg 930, Ha,Ha,Ha.

DogRanger
01-11-2010, 05:17
After I get his Mossberg 930, Ha,Ha,Ha.

Good thinking....lol