Al Mar Knives [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Al Mar Knives

RLB
01-09-2010, 05:31
Looking for information on Al Mark knives. If you have or do carry one what did you like and dislike about the knife.
Thanks
Rick

mitchshrader
01-09-2010, 09:48
They have good steel and they're expensive. If you think quality trumps redundancy, they're good value. If 'two is one'..they're NOT the ultimate bang/buck win.

They make knives I'd be happy to receive as a gift, but to BUY?

hahahaha..

joe138
01-09-2010, 13:12
I have a Sere 2000. I like the blade profile and it is a tuff knife. However it is heavy, so I only use it in the field, not for edc.

D25
01-11-2010, 14:40
I am fond of the ones that I own/ carry. I especially like the ultralight line for days when I don't anticipate the need for a folding prybar.

Hawk45
01-19-2010, 19:01
I too have an SERE 2K. It is a great knife and well built.. it is on the heavy side but that doesn't bother me. Pocket clip is great but I do wish it was a little thinner in the grip. Overall great knives. You can find good deals on like new used ones on the forums.. think I got mine used like new for $100. So deals are out there to be had.

TattooedGlock
01-20-2010, 06:22
I too have an SERE 2K. It is a great knife and well built.. it is on the heavy side but that doesn't bother me. Pocket clip is great but I do wish it was a little thinner in the grip. Overall great knives. You can find good deals on like new used ones on the forums.. think I got mine used like new for $100. So deals are out there to be had.

"Light" is relative. I carry Busse and RAT and BRKT and the Al Mar SERE to me is really really light!

mercop
01-26-2010, 16:04
I have owned all kinds of knives from production to custom. The knife I have carried everyday for the last seven years is the Al Mar SERE 2000. It is as close as you can get to custom in a production knife.- George