Tactical Solutions PAC-Lite Barrel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Solutions PAC-Lite Barrel

Blinkster
01-09-2010, 14:20
I've got one of these barrels on my Ruger Mark II. It is extreemely light and very accurate. The only issue I am having with it is failure to feeds requiring me to push the bolt forward to fully chamber the round. I have experimented with CCI, Federal, Winchester, and even SK JAGD ammo with the same results.

I am at a loss to what to do. Yhis is starting to really mess up my Bullseye scores. Since this gun is at least 15 yerars old, I am going to try a new recoil spring assembly. Another shooter suggested having the chamber reamed out slightly. I have heard nothing from T/S about this so I am open to any suggestions. Has anyone else experienced this with a T/S barrel?

slewfoot
01-09-2010, 14:23
I have one and it functions flawlessly. It is mounted on a two year old 22/45 lower.

I would switch out the old springs for new ones before I did anything major.

Blinkster
01-09-2010, 14:41
I was kind of leaning in that direction. They are tack drivers though. I'm thinking about swapping one out for my Shilen barrel on my 10/22. Big weight difference.

minuteman32
01-09-2010, 19:01
I had the same issues with mine, along w/ failures to fire, as well. The only solution I found was to get a Browning Buckmark. I haven't has any issues since. I do miss the threaded bbl, but will probably get the Buckmark threaded. I may try the T/S bbl for it, but haven't decided yet.

I've got one of these barrels on my Ruger Mark II. It is extreemely light and very accurate. The only issue I am having with it is failure to feeds requiring me to push the bolt forward to fully chamber the round. I have experimented with CCI, Federal, Winchester, and even SK JAGD ammo with the same results.

I am at a loss to what to do. Yhis is starting to really mess up my Bullseye scores. Since this gun is at least 15 yerars old, I am going to try a new recoil spring assembly. Another shooter suggested having the chamber reamed out slightly. I have heard nothing from T/S about this so I am open to any suggestions. Has anyone else experienced this with a T/S barrel?

Dr. J Frame
01-09-2010, 21:03
I was kind of leaning in that direction. They are tack drivers though. I'm thinking about swapping one out for my Shilen barrel on my 10/22. Big weight difference.

They do make for a lightweight 10/22 rig.
4.75lbs with Aimpoint T1 optic and sling.
Never a single malfunction.
TacSol's OD Green non-threaded
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-1/1241521/tacsol002.JPG

Blinkster
01-10-2010, 07:07
I've also got a tricked out 10/22 with a 20" Shilen barrel. Been thinking about trying one of the T/S barrels. The weight difference must be nice to shoot offhand.

Blinkster
01-19-2010, 05:07
Replaced the recoil spring assembly...$6.50 fix.

DJ Niner
01-20-2010, 00:21
Replaced the recoil spring assembly...$6.50 fix.Solved the problem?

Blinkster
01-20-2010, 04:41
Yup. I can feel the difference with the new spring. I went through a whole bullseye course without a flaw. I couldn't even go through a stage without a problem before.