New (to me) P40 at the range today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) P40 at the range today

Wreckshooter
01-09-2010, 20:12
Swapped a Beretta PX4 subcompact for a slightly used Kahr P40 at the local gun show last weekend. I was told the P40 had been purchased several months previously as a gun for undercover LE. Took it to the range for the first time today and found it to have a definate LE trigger pull. Extremely long to the point of being really annoying.

Is there anything easy I can do myself to shorten the trigger pull? I am handy with tools but I am certainly not anywhere near being in the gun smith category.

ripley16
01-10-2010, 05:59
Short of sending it back to Kahr for the switch...no. That would cost about $125. I didn't know the polymers came with the long N.Y. trigger.

dstewart73
01-10-2010, 09:59
Drop Kahr an email to Kahr with the serial number and ask if it has the "elite trigger". If it doesn't it is worth the expense to put it.

Kahr does have a long pull but it is smooth and breaks crisply. Remember that the Kahr trigger's long pull is it's built in safety. It should smooth out the more rounds you get through it. I shoot a P40 Covert and I had the same concern. Kahr told me mine has the elite trigger. It has really gotten better with rounds down range.

Wreckshooter
01-10-2010, 20:07
Kahr does have a long pull but it is smooth and breaks crisply. Remember that the Kahr trigger's long pull is it's built in safety. It should smooth out the more rounds you get through it. I shoot a P40 Covert and I had the same concern. Kahr told me mine has the elite trigger. It has really gotten better with rounds down range.

The trigger pull is too long for me. I have to bury the trigger so far and with such force that it feels like the flesh on my finger is being jammed into the space between the frame the trigger.

By smooth out do you mean the length of travel will go down? The reset is good, the length of travel is terrible.

dstewart73
01-11-2010, 08:11
The lenght of travel will be the same. I don't know what you can do about that. If it is as bad as you say again I would ask Kahr about it. I have big hands and have no trouble operating any of my Kahrs. The pull does take some getting used to as it it long however the trigger stops at least 3/16ths of an inch from the rear of the trigger guard.

By smoothing out I mean the actual pull lightens a bit but stays crisp on firing and reset. The length remains the same.