A reload that works! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A reload that works!

deerhunter34
01-10-2010, 08:28
Well I started back in 2008 trying to get my .264 WIN Mag reloads to group and after a lot of work this past summer I settled in on the Nosler Accubond 130 with H4831 powder for a combo that I could group out to 300 yards. Previous tries with other combos would not consistently group well at 100 yards. I was ready and excited to give it a shot at deer in Maryland since my home state is shotgun only. Missed the regular early rifle season due to an illness and death in the family but.... Yesterday in the cold frigid weather five doe wandered into my path around 150 yards away. I picked out the largest one and my reload did exactly what I expected it to do. One shot placed right into the lungs. I've been deer hunting for over 30 years but mostly with factory ammo. It adds a different perspective and greater satisfaction by using one's own reloads. I've now shot deer with my own reloads in .270 and .264. Next year I will concentrate on my 30/06 reloads to make them successful. Hope all the other hunters have had a good season.

GioaJack
01-10-2010, 08:44
A car just pulled into your driveway... it's the people from PETA.

Jack

Myke_Hart
01-10-2010, 08:46
Pictures or it didn't happen! :supergrin:

Hydraulicman
01-10-2010, 09:16
outstanding. Glad to hear it. I bet you can load premium bullets for a lot less than factory .

I hope to start loading rifle soon.