LEE Anniversary Kit... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LEE Anniversary Kit...

3rdgen40
01-10-2010, 10:52
Is this a good outfit for someone just starting to reload , on a very limited budget ?
http://media.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/images/icon/zoom.jpgHover to Enlarge http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Large/423081.jpg (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=423081#enlarge)
<!-- end enlarge --><!-- end topLeft -->Lee Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Anniversary Kit

Product #: 423081
| Manufacturer #: 90050

Status: Available (http://www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/StaticPages/status_window/product_status.htm)
Should Ship Today
Quantity
<INPUT id=quantityBox maxLength=3 align=right size=3 value=1 name=Quantity>

<!-- end characteristicsBlock -->Our Price: $91.99

*ETA*...The only caliber I will be loading for now is 40 S&W.
Add to Cart (http://javascript<b></b>:addSaleItemToCart(423081))

3rdgen40
01-10-2010, 10:54
..........................<!-- end characteristicsBlock -->

ChrisJn
01-10-2010, 11:31
On a limited budget - yes. The press itself is excellent, but it might not be long before you want to upgrade the scale and powder measure.
Take it very slow, enjoy, and good luck.

skyugo
01-10-2010, 12:34
i started with a similar setup...
get comfortable with what you're doing, then go to a progressive! :cool:

DWARREN123
01-10-2010, 12:38
It is what I started with a few years ago and still use. I only do 40 S&W these days and it works great for me. I reload on average 250 rounds a week and have never had a problem with any of the components.
I like it because I inspect at each and every stage and can catch any misstep right away.

Boxerglocker
01-10-2010, 12:44
The scale is garbage and the powder drop is not good... you will be shortly looking to upgrade. I gather you will looking to load either 9mm /.40 S&W?

I understand that budget is a concern but and LCT kit from Kempfs is by far the best set-up for a beginner you can go with if you intend to load any sort of volume for pistol.

Better Press, better powder drop, get the upgrade for and extra $15 for large and small primer feed. Includes a set of deluxe dies for one caliber and enough MTM boxes for 300 rounds. Shipping is cheap and no sales tax.

Yes your doubling you initial investment, but loading for .40 you make it back in about 2K rounds.

Hydraulicman
01-10-2010, 16:22
yes. You might consider getting a beam scale like the dillon (it's actually lower cost then most good scales)

M1A Shooter
01-10-2010, 17:03
thats the kit i started with just over a year ago. i currently still use only the press and powder measure. i reload 45acp and 308. i got a RCBS universal hand priming tool and a RCBS Rangemaster 750 digital scale.

DEADLYACCURATE
01-10-2010, 21:18
Yea I started with the exact same thing except it was the breech lock challenger kit. The only change in that kit is that it comes with the auto prime.

decibels5
01-10-2010, 21:22
I use it, a little slow, but gets the job done. I enjoy my time making boolits (my 4yr old talking), while my daughter separates my brass.

robin303
01-10-2010, 21:40
To be quite honest I bought that from Cabela’s two weeks ago. I like it. I put up with the scale and with the 3 powders that I have and measure low and add to make it balance out. Once you get it dialed in it’s pretty dang close. Since I’m new to this also I measure each and calibrate each round and take notes big time. What ever you do get the carbide dies with the crimper in a set for about $35. I’m in no hurry and I want to learn this new hobby. Don’t trust one book due to the fact I have three and none of them even match the others in the min or max of loads. Scary to me in away. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I think it is a good way to start out really. Go here to see the feed back I got from some reloading gurus. They know their stuff:<o:p></o:p>
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1166463 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1166463)

Glocks&Ducs
01-10-2010, 21:53
I bought one of those when I first started. I would honestly save more money and get the RCBS master reloading kit.

3rdgen40
01-13-2010, 03:51
Bump for more opinions.......

Colorado4Wheel
01-13-2010, 09:11
Bump for more opinions.......

Reloading is hard enough when you have to wonder about your components. I know when I started I used that scale and I always wondered "is it right". It's so sensitive and hard to read that it made me more nervous. My buddy bought the same scale and it was a little easier to read but still very touchy to adjust. The scale is just odd, it's uses 10 white lines in a row, has these windows you see the lines through as you move the slider (adjuster) you see different lines. Well, I could never really figure out which window was actually showing the lines. So I never really knew what it was weighting. I could get it close but I was never sure. On top of it all, it would move 2mm every time you tap it. So your trying to move it .5mm to get the right window to show up with the line and it moves 2mm. Very annoying. If your cheap at least by good but inexpensive equipment. Don't by cheap equipment. That means something different to everyone reading this thread. To me it means get a good scale and powder measure. Thats honestly the most important part in this whole process. I have no experiance with that measure. Internet feedback says its great with some powders and not with other. Lee makes a good powder measure with the Pro Auto Disc. Dillon has the best inexpensive scale. I would buy in parts rather then the kit. You don't need the pocket cleaner and several other parts in that kit anyway. Just get the press, dies, scale, and consider the Pro Auto Disc for metering the powder right on the press. The LCT kit kempfs sells is a much better deal.

3rdgen40
03-16-2010, 11:15
Would this be a better set up ?
LEE DELUXE TURRET PRESS KIT
<TABLE width=817 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=351>http://www.leeprecision.com/graphics/shoppingcart/deluxeTPkit.JPG The fourth hole was added to accommodate the use of the Lee Factory Crimp die which is an optional die but comes with our new Deluxe Pistol Die sets (http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1268759465.4759=/html/catalog/dies-pistol.html#DeluxePistolDieSet).
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=456>The rugged Turret Press along with the Auto Disk Powder Measure, produce top quality pistol ammo in a hurry. A finished round with a few pulls of the lever. Large enough to handle monster belted magnum rifle cases. When it is time to change calibers, simply lock in a new turret and begin loading within seconds. In addition to the Turret Press and Auto Disk Powder Measure; the kit includes the Lee Safety Scale, unmatched for sensitivity, a primer pocket cleaner, cutter and lockstud to trim the cases and a chamfer tool to deburr cases after trimming. A set of Lee Dies is all that is required to complete this reloading outfit. All this at a price that will allow you to pay for your investment in a matter of hours.
This press is ideal for handgun loading and with experienced hands, you can load over 200 rounds per hour. For those who wish to use the press as a single station press, the auto index feature can be disabled in seconds and then re-enabled in the same amount of time.
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE height=42 border=0><TBODY><TR class=style5><TD vAlign=top width=222 height=36>Deluxe Turret Press Reloading Kit
4 Hole Turret w/ Auto Index </TD><TD vAlign=top width=79>90928 (http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/cart.cgi?1268759465.4759=90928) Serv.Parts (http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/parts.cgi?1268759465.4759=90928) </TD><TD vAlign=top width=61><!-- strike -->$162.98 <!-- 190928 --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3rdgen40
03-16-2010, 11:21
Or is this the one ?
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=606 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>
<!--var dtmSrc = window.location.protocol + "//login.dotomi.com/ucm/UCMController?"+"dtm_com=28&dtm_fid=101&dtm_cid=2122&dtm_cmagic=abdbeb&dtm_format=5";var dtmTag = {'dtmc_cat': "Shooting+Gear",'dtmc_cat_id': "cat602007",'dtmc_subcat': "Reloading",'dtmc_subcat_id': "cat20728", 'dtmc_prod': "Lee+Classic+Turret+Press+Reloading+Kit",'dtmc_session_id': "QFIQJTE21WIHPLAQBBJSCNVMCAEFIIWE",'dtmc_source': "nonPaid",'dtmc_prod_img': "null"/* custom fields end */};dtmTag.dtmc_ref = document.referrer ;for (var item in dtmTag){if(typeof dtmTag[item] != "function" && typeof dtmTag[item] != "object")dtmSrc += "&" + item + "=" + escape(dtmTag[item]);} setTimeout('timeOutDotomi()',2000 );document.write('<iframe name="response_frame" src="' + dtmSrc + '"></iframe>
');function timeOutDotomi() { document.getElementById("dtmdiv").innerHTML = "";}//--></SCRIPT>

</TD></TR><!-- <gravitystream-H> --><!-- </gravitystream-H> --><!-- <gravitystream-B> --><!-- </gravitystream-B> --><!-- <gravitystream-P> --><!-- </gravitystream-P> --><TR><TD vAlign=top width=380><!--var zoom_clicked = false;var swatch_clicked = false;var alternate_clicked = false;var logcount = 0;function cabLogFunction(result1) {var pageID;result1 = unescape(result1);var commalocation = result1.indexOf(',');if (commalocation > 0) {logcount++;var len = result1.length;var eventtype = result1.substr(0,commalocation);var eventdata = result1.substr(commalocation + 1, len);if ((!swatch_clicked) && (eventtype == "SWATCH")&& (logcount > 2)) {pageID = "Popup S7 Color Swatches";cmCreatePageviewTag(pageID, "", "Scene7");swatch_clicked = true;}if ((eventtype == "ZOOM") && (!zoom_clicked)) {pageID = "Popup S7 Zoom";cmCreatePageviewTag(pageID, "", "Scene7");zoom_clicked = true;}if ((eventtype == "ALTERNATE")&& (!alternate_clicked)) {alternate_clicked = true;pageID = "Popup S7 Alternate Images";cmCreatePageviewTag(pageID, "", "Scene7");}if (eventtype == "LOAD") {pageID = "Product S7 PopUP";cmCreatePageviewTag(pageID, "", "Scene7");}if ((eventtype == "PAGE") && (!swatch_clicked)) {pageID = "Product S7 Color Swatches";cmCreatePageviewTag(pageID, "", "Scene7");swatch_clicked = true;}}}--></SCRIPT></SCRIPT><TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=380 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=380>http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_216337_imageset_01?$main-Large$</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/logos/brandlogo/lee_65x35.gif
Lee Classic Turret Press Reloading Kit <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=item colSpan=2>Item:XK-216337</TD></TR><TR><TD class=normal colSpan=2><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=5></TD></TR><TR><TD>$209.99
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

robin303
03-16-2010, 11:41
I say start off with a single stage and just get the Dillion scale for $55.00. I like and happy with my 50th kit.

MrOldLude
03-16-2010, 11:51
That's the kit I started with (anniversary kit). I've been completely happy with it, and it's really hard to beat the bang-for-the-buck w/ Lee's hardware.

The only thing I really plan to upgrade to in the near-future is a better scale. The included one works okay, but there's still some variation with lighter powder-loads. I would completely support this as a starting point for someone looking to get into reloading. If you shoot/reload more than a couple hundred a month, then perhaps you might want to consider a turret-press.

For my volumes, I'm okay with, and somewhat prefer single-stage. It's slower, but I'm 100% confident in everyone of my loads.

3rdgen40
03-16-2010, 12:02
Think I'll start with the Anniversary kit.I can always upgrade the scale later.What about manuals ? Are they all basically the same ? I know I need to get the ABC's of Reloading as well.
Here's my list so far:
ABC's of Reloading
Lee Anniversary Kit
40/10mm Die set
Shell Holder
Manual
Bullets
Powder
Pimers
Brass...don't have any saved yet.
What else ???

MrOldLude
03-16-2010, 12:19
Think I'll start with the Anniversary kit.I can always upgrade the scale later.What about manuals ? Are they all basically the same ? I know I need to get the ABC's of Reloading as well.
Here's my list so far:
ABC's of Reloading
Lee Anniversary Kit
40/10mm Die set
Shell Holder
Manual
Bullets
Powder
Pimers
What else ???
This is my COMPLETE setup: You've covered just about everything. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/mroldlude/IMG_0449.jpg

Similar to what you have in mind. Buy a caliper, analog or digital. The reloading handbook, um, I read through it a few times, but now that I have the process down, it'll be a reference book. (It's pretty weak on cartridge loads too, unfortunately) If you don't have empty shell-boxes, you might want a couple

I'd use http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp as a starting point to find common powder/bullet combos.

Lastly, I didn't think I needed one, but unless you're a reloading natural who never under/over loads a cartridge, I'd pick up a kinetic puller. I got mine from midway for $13.

Boxerglocker
03-16-2010, 12:34
Here's my list so far:
ABC's of Reloading
Lee Anniversary Kit
40/10mm Die set
Shell Holder
Manual
Bullets
Powder
Pimers
What else ???

https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=630&category_id=190&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41

Go with the LCT from Kempf's much better value. You can start slow using it as a single stage, then progress to turret mode increasing your output to 150-200 rounds an hour. Everything is included to load one caliber including dies. You will need a scale, I suggest the dillon or RCBS. Also a manual and calipers.
When you get the kit order both upgrades it's worth it, should you decide on other calibers which the conversion is only about $40-50 including a spare turret wheel.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state that those suggesting a single stage really don't have a clue as to the advantage of the LCT, cause most have never used one. I've been there and done it. Other than budget considerations, the LCT should be the minumun starter kit IMHO. Even then if you can't afford it now save a few weeks and hold out till you can.

Rick from Kali
03-16-2010, 12:38
https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=26&Itemid=41

robin303
03-16-2010, 13:14
Powder trickler is a must and only $10.00

3rdgen40
03-16-2010, 14:03
Seems that there is an endless list of gadgets needed to reload.All I want is the basics.Do I really need all this stuff ? Why are these kits called "complete,all you need to reload" if they really aren't ? :dunno:

Boxerglocker
03-16-2010, 16:54
Powder trickler is a must and only $10.00

A must for what? With an LCT? The Pro auto disc drop is very consistent with certain powders.

jdavionic
03-16-2010, 16:57
That's what I bought when I re-entered reloading. I've got a progressive now, but still use the single stage for some rifle rounds. I think it's a great way for someone to get started. Years later and there's nothing in the kit that I don't still use here & there.

M1A Shooter
03-16-2010, 17:29
just because its all you need doesnt mean thats all you will want or that the basics will make it easy.

Colorado4Wheel
03-16-2010, 20:10
Seems that there is an endless list of gadgets needed to reload.All I want is the basics.Do I really need all this stuff ? Why are these kits called "complete,all you need to reload" if they really aren't ? :dunno:

Lee Kits in particular are cursed with a crummy scale. It works but it's annoying. Some are better then others. I have one and it's a HUGE PITA, my friend got one and it's MUCH better but still not even in the realm of GOOD. Just useable. Also, those kit's include things you simply do not need for loading pistol. Read the sticky from me at the top of this forum. But, because I am tired and just trying to not fall asleep before 9pm I will humor you and give you my list of what you need. This is bare minumum.

1) Scale. Get the Dillon Eliminator for $55. Nothing beats it for the price.
2) Dial Calipers. Harbour Frieght DIAL are fine. Dillon are about doable the price but have a lifetime warranty and are still under $30.
3) Press of some sort.

Single stage will require some way to measure the powder. You will be tempted to try and weight every charge. HUGE, and I mean HUGE time waster and not as accurate as you might think. You will need a way to prime the cases. Every press is different but lee has a way of doing it on the press with some presses and off the press with a hand priming tool.

If you get a Lee Classic Cast from Kempfs you might as well get the Pro Auto Disc Powder Measure. That press is meant to be used as a Press with the Pro Powder Measure and the Safety Prime or whatever the call it. Thats the best way to go.

Thats about it. You don't need a case trimmer for pistol. In fact you don't want to trim. It will grow the first firing and then start shrinking after that. If you trim it the first firing it will just get to short. You dont need the primer pocket cleaning tool. HUGE waste of time. Besides you can really use it easily if you do all the steps on the press. Tumbler is not needed. It's nice by you can just wipe the cases with a rag if you like. Lot of other stuff is nice but not needed. Hopefully I didn't forget anything. Read my sticky, it's all in the sticky. Just nothing about Single Stage stuff. Thats too tedious for me.

3rdgen40
03-16-2010, 20:45
Lee Kits in particular are cursed with a crummy scale. It works but it's annoying. Some are better then others. I have one and it's a HUGE PITA, my friend got one and it's MUCH better but still not even in the realm of GOOD. Just useable. Also, those kit's include things you simply do not need for loading pistol. Read the sticky from me at the top of this forum. But, because I am tired and just trying to not fall asleep before 9pm I will humor you and give you my list of what you need. This is bare minumum.

1) Scale. Get the Dillon Eliminator for $55. Nothing beats it for the price.
2) Dial Calipers. Harbour Frieght DIAL are fine. Dillon are about doable the price but have a lifetime warranty and are still under $30.
3) Press of some sort.

Single stage will require some way to measure the powder. You will be tempted to try and weight every charge. HUGE, and I mean HUGE time waster and not as accurate as you might think. You will need a way to prime the cases. Every press is different but lee has a way of doing it on the press with some presses and off the press with a hand priming tool.

If you get a Lee Classic Cast from Kempfs you might as well get the Pro Auto Disc Powder Measure. That press is meant to be used as a Press with the Pro Powder Measure and the Safety Prime or whatever the call it. Thats the best way to go.

Thats about it. You don't need a case trimmer for pistol. In fact you don't want to trim. It will grow the first firing and then start shrinking after that. If you trim it the first firing it will just get to short. You dont need the primer pocket cleaning tool. HUGE waste of time. Besides you can really use it easily if you do all the steps on the press. Tumbler is not needed. It's nice by you can just wipe the cases with a rag if you like. Lot of other stuff is nice but not needed. Hopefully I didn't forget anything. Read my sticky, it's all in the sticky. Just nothing about Single Stage stuff. Thats too tedious for me.
So,all I really need is a press and a scale ? I already have a digital caliper.

Colorado4Wheel
03-16-2010, 20:51
So,all I really need is a press and a scale ? I already have a digital caliper.

Add the proper Powder Measure for the press and Dies,

Glocken-spiel
03-16-2010, 21:28
interesting reading.
just got my Lee 50th kit this past week (birthday present). i mounted it to a 3/4" ply board (1'x2') which i clamp to my work space. i know about progressives and turrets, but didn't have $300 up front to do this.

f&m reloading had the kit for $84 and delux dies for $25. for the money i feel like i've got a good start. from what i'm reading i guess i'll find a new scale, though.

i've decapped about 500 9mm cases and about 200 .380 auto cases. i'm putting in primers now on the .380s. it's a little tedious but i'm being careful so that isn't a set back for me. before i spend boo-koo bucks on reloading equipment i need to know if i even like it, can do it well, and will be benefitted for the extra time/effort. at this point i think i will.

an old reloader in town said "you'll always need a single press for something, if for nothing else than special loads, so it won't go to waste." i figure in a another month or two i'll know enough to make good decisions about where to progress from here.

prior to getting the Lee 50th kit, i heard it was great, it was crap, it was perfect for what i want, it was nothing but a boat anchor. frankly, i like it! i read the book, i'm getting the concept, i'm learning about the benefits and hazards. the kit is doing for me (a complete neophyte loader) exactly what it should -- it's teaching me.

two weeks ago i didn't understand half of what was being talked about here. today i've got a clue. i think i am where i should be 3 days into it.

there will always be somebody to tell you that you should have done this or that differently. i made my decision and i'm making the most of it. it's like riding a bike -- you can't ride it sitting in place, you have to get it moving in SOME direction and if it's the wrong direction you can THEN turn around -- but it only works if you're moving. i'm movin' now.

my 2 cents.

GioaJack
03-16-2010, 21:39
interesting reading.
just got my Lee 50th kit this past week (birthday present). i mounted it to a 3/4" ply board (1'x2') which i clamp to my work space. i know about progressives and turrets, but didn't have $300 up front to do this.

f&m reloading had the kit for $84 and delux dies for $25. for the money i feel like i've got a good start. from what i'm reading i guess i'll find a new scale, though.

i've decapped about 500 9mm cases and about 200 .380 auto cases. i'm putting in primers now on the .380s. it's a little tedious but i'm being careful so that isn't a set back for me. before i spend boo-koo bucks on reloading equipment i need to know if i even like it, can do it well, and will be benefitted for the extra time/effort. at this point i think i will.

an old reloader in town said "you'll always need a single press for something, if for nothing else than special loads, so it won't go to waste." i figure in a another month or two i'll know enough to make good decisions about where to progress from here.

prior to getting the Lee 50th kit, i heard it was great, it was crap, it was perfect for what i want, it was nothing but a boat anchor. frankly, i like it! i read the book, i'm getting the concept, i'm learning about the benefits and hazards. the kit is doing for me (a complete neophyte loader) exactly what it should -- it's teaching me.

two weeks ago i didn't understand half of what was being talked about here. today i've got a clue. i think i am where i should be 3 days into it.

there will always be somebody to tell you that you should have done this or that differently. i made my decision and i'm making the most of it. it's like riding a bike -- you can't ride it sitting in place, you have to get it moving in SOME direction and if it's the wrong direction you can THEN turn around -- but it only works if you're moving. i'm movin' now.

my 2 cents.

Good for you... what is the old people say, (you'll have to ask unclebob, Fred, bob2223 or a couple others)... a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Learn all you can and have fun... if you ever do change equipment it'll be based on your knowledge and your needs... not someone else's opinion.

Have fun, be safe and welcome to our weird little world. :supergrin:

Jack

robin303
03-16-2010, 22:12
Way to go Gloken-spiel. :thumbsup: I have the same kit and people did bad mouth it. Bought the Dillion scale and a trickler and already gone through 3 lbs of powder loading 9 and 40 and only had all this for two months. New language also. Didnít even knew what OAL was.:rofl:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

riding4life162
06-08-2010, 00:09
Just bought the Lee Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Anniversary Kit today for loading 9mm, 40S&W and .45 acp. I am no reloading expert but I am a very quick learner and a attention to detail kind of guy. Here my take on the entire kit by parts:
Excellent Parts:
Challenger Breech Lock single stage press
3 Breech Lock die bushings
Good Parts:
a large and small Safety Prime (Works flawlessly until the last 2 primers but not to shabby)
Usable: powder funnel
Garbage Parts
Lee Safety Scale, Perfect Powder Measure ( buying better one tomorrow, not even worth the time messing with, going on local classifieds tomorrow)
Dont need
lock stud and cutter
Lee chamfer tool
primer pocket cleaner
tube of sizing lube (I have carbide dies)

Colorado4Wheel
06-08-2010, 06:40
Garbage Parts
Lee Safety Scale, {SIC}
Dont need
lock stud and cutter
Lee chamfer tool
primer pocket cleaner
tube of sizing lube (I have carbide dies)

Agree 100%

Usable: powder funnel

Take a loaded round. Drop it in the funnel, shake it by your ear. Listen to the powder in the case. That alone bumps it up to at least GOOD if not excellent. You will understand when your looking for a squib.

M1A Shooter
06-08-2010, 14:37
the powder measure is usable for target loads in pistol calibers. i wont rely on it for anything else though. i still use mine when loading 9 or 45acp but i allow a +/- .2gr for a total range of half a grain. i use unique powder so its farily safe to do this. i just set my max up in a safe usable range. with 9mm i was loading 4.6-5.1 grains and it would just get the brass out of the slide and down my shirt sometimes. need to bump it up a bit.

the chamfer tool is also usable for rifle calibers. if you ever think you will load them in the future, throw it in a drawer for now, same with the primer pocket cleaner.

i will agree the scal is total garbage. i upgraded mine to a RCBS rangemaster 750 digital scale.