Educate me on QD Sling mounts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Educate me on QD Sling mounts

frogger42
01-10-2010, 15:12
I am in the process of building a 2nd AR and reconfiguring my original AR so they match as close as possible. I've decided to go with QD sling mounts for a 2 point sling. I have already bought a Midwest Industries MCTAR-30 end plate sling adapter for both ARs. My plan is to use a Gear Sector GS-3050 for the front sling point. I noticed when doing some research that some QD mounts say they have stops to prevent excess rotation of the QD swivels while others lack this feature. How important is this? If it is important, would you want the front to have the stops and the rear to lack them or vice versa? Should both points have them? My thinking was that the front should have them to prevent tangling, but it would be better for the rear point to have more freedom of movement in case you need to transition to different firing positions. What is the normal way to do this?

RMTactical
01-10-2010, 19:27
Why do you need QD sling mounts? Unless the sling you are going to use doesn't have QD points on both ends, I don't see the point.