Mossberg 930 SPX Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 930 SPX Question

tarmac
01-10-2010, 18:40
I just purchased a new Mossberg 930 SPX and would like to clean it before I take it to the range. When you clean your 930 SPX gas system do you completely disassemble the gas system? How difficult is it to re-assemble?

Thank you

mixflip
01-10-2010, 18:55
You lucky son of a gun. I am saving up for one too. I am selling a bunch of stuff on craigslist and backpage to get the money. I am curious about your question also.

Big Time
01-10-2010, 19:12
Good question,tag for the answer,I have the same shottie and still have not shot it yet nor disassemble it either.:wow: I'm waiting for Jan.15th.then deer season will be over with then I can blast away and not worry about any hunters near by trying to hunt deer.But I did read up on it and it is highly recommended to clean it good first before shooting it.

Jon_R
01-10-2010, 19:15
Just take it down per the manual. Make sure you check the detail when you put it back together to make sure you have the parts of the gas system facing the correct way. I think there is one round part that could go back facing the wrong direction. The 930 SPX and my 11/87 are the only two firearms I have that I actually look at the manual when re-assembling to get the gas parts correct.

Jon_R
01-10-2010, 19:31
One more thing.

When you are loading it make sure you push the shells in pretty good. You will not get much resistance but at least on mine I thought the carrier should have been 1/8-1/4" or so longer. Sometimes in the beginning if you don't push in far enough the shell will pop back out of the magazine tube and into the area above the carrier and below the bolt. It is not a big deal if you cycle the bolt it will pick it up and put it in the chamber but the first time it happens you start wondering if you broke your shotgun. Mine is a couple years old so they may have lengthened the carrier since I got mine.