Trust, "secret" wording? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trust, "secret" wording?

ottomatic
01-10-2010, 18:45
I am in the process of planning to getting an AR based SBR and a matching can. I am reasonably familiar with the various forms of paperwork, and intend on going the "Trust" route. I have been told by the dealer who is going to sell me the can that I need some "secret wording" in the trust paperwork to reduce the possibility that it will be rejected. He said that there are attorneys who are familiar with the procedure, but like to charge $800 for the process (not in my budget).

Is there actually "secret wording"?
If so, who can get me a source or link or PM to get started the right way?

r2kba
01-11-2010, 09:13
No idea what your talking about here. Maybe a reference to a second document from the Trust articles?

What needs to be secret?

ottomatic
01-11-2010, 10:18
Allegedly the "secret" is some part of the wording that attorneys use that reduces the likelihood of rejection by BATF, which they don't want to share.

Or is all of that just an urban myth?

Who has (successfully) gone the trust route and is willing to share the steps?

Fireman1291
01-11-2010, 12:35
Line of BS. The dont reject trusts that are properly drawnup. Prices are $195-450 around here for a lawyer done trust, shop around. Your dealer dont know what hes talking about.

ottomatic
01-11-2010, 12:42
I can handle 195. Source?
Is there an alternative to a lawyer? I remember reading somewhere about some software you can buy to form a trust.

BTW one of the reasons I want to go with a trust is so that my wife can be on it, not to circumvent our CLEO.

matthewa5
01-11-2010, 12:44
We have a "secret" or "safe" word that we use when one of us starts to get uncomfortable. But sometimes she acts like she doesnt hear me say it and she keeps going anyway..

jhall
01-11-2010, 17:40
Quicken Willmaker. It's what I formed mine on. 4 stamps and counting so far.

UZIFORME
01-12-2010, 02:13
In TN the CLEO certification is required by state law, I would never use a trust over the CLEO signoff.

ottomatic
01-12-2010, 08:24
In TN the CLEO certification is required by state law, I would never use a trust over the CLEO signoff.

That is news to me. Can you get me a reference or link, please. I certainly don't want to try anything inappropriate.