New SGL 20 finally set up! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New SGL 20 finally set up!

hickok45
01-11-2010, 12:33
Finally was able to get the SGL 20 set up with a stock I can use. My CAA stock and grip came in Friday. Now, with that stock installed and the Krebs peep/ghost ring sight, I have a gun I think I'm going to really enjoy! Can't wait for some nice weather so that I can try to wear it out.

I wouldn't mind if the CAA stock were just a tad bit longer, but it's okay and feels really good. Somebody in this forum recommended the CAA, which I had not heard of, so I thank you folks for that.

Reswob
01-11-2010, 14:20
With a foreign-made stock and pistol grip, I have serious doubts that a SGL-20 meets 922(r)

my762buzz
01-11-2010, 14:22
If I recall correctly, CAA is made in Israel.
Its a nice grip. Some won't buy it to avoid going over the federal 922r 10 parts minimum law on certain conversions/builds. It definitely looks comfortable on their website. Any pictures?

my762buzz
01-11-2010, 14:28
With a foreign-made stock and pistol grip, I have serious doubts that a SGL-20 meets 922(r)

You are right. Arsenal is barely meeting the minimum with the grip and
stock included. Assuming the handguard, grip, stock, and trigger parts are
US made. You need 5 not including the muzzle brake. Replacing the stock and grip places the gun at least 1 part short.

photoguy
01-11-2010, 17:19
When the SGL20s were on sale I was on the fence about getting one. I did some research and read nothing but great reviews. But I think it was one of your videos that put me over the edge. I pick it up tomorrow. Thanks.

Oh, and if a crazed woman starts chasing you down the street please take cover. That would be my wife; I told her it was your fault I bought another rifle :rofl::rofl:

shuck99
01-14-2010, 11:02
Hickok45, love your videos on youtube! I think you should have went with the Vltor buffer tube adapter and magpul moe stock setup instead of the CAA setup! Because thats what I am about to do with my Arsenal sgl20!

Dogshark
01-22-2010, 11:01
Great vids sir! Keep em comin. Wish I could have some fun on your range.

vrex
01-30-2010, 13:10
The man who keeps stock plastic sights on his glocks tacs out his Russian AK! I like it!
Your 230 yard offhand Romanian AK shooting session impressed the heck out of me, if anyone has not seen it, check it out, it is seriously cool.

CarlosC
01-30-2010, 13:42
Assuming the only compliance parts left on the SGL-20 are the FCG, just installing a US-made magazine is enough to be compliant. If your gun has a US-made brake, like those from Arsenal ($$$$), then you can use an original Russian plastic magazine and simply replace the guide and bottom plate with Arsenal stuff and voila, you're still compliant. 9 out of my 12 AKs are only compliant with the magazines.