LWD GAP Barrels [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LWD GAP Barrels

tkosiba
01-12-2010, 03:53
I noticed that LWD is now making their barrel for the G39 GAP. Any idea when the G37 will be available? I would think with all the LE and civilian G37's out there, it would be their number one priority.

DannyR
01-12-2010, 06:41
Why? LEO's must keep their GAP's stock. I have no use for an aftermarket barrel in any of my Glocks.

miatank
01-12-2010, 12:59
I tried one of their 9mm barrels in my 26. The chamber was cut to the tightest end of the spec. Even some factory ammo would not chamber reliably. Their customer service was non-existant. "Buy different ammo." Doh. Some people may like wolf, but I'm not one of them.
Don't bet your life on that junk.

dave - now my KKN barrel is another (positive) story

Thx-1138
01-13-2010, 09:01
I noticed that LWD is now making their barrel for the G39 GAP. Any idea when the G37 will be available? I would think with all the LE and civilian G37's out there, it would be their number one priority.

I hadn't seen that.

I'm with Danny on aftermarket barrels; however, I got LWD to take a new G38 barrel & cut muzzle ports into it for my G39.

I think it's the best of both worlds. I get Glock reliability, with a ported barrel to reduce recoil. It has turned my G39 into an incredible gun, and one I confidently EDC for SD.

I had wanted to let Danny try it out @ the Creedmoore GSSF, but I figured there wouldn't be an opportunity. Turns out they had a practice range set up, but I didn't come prepared.

Anybody wants to try it out, they're welcome to @ the next match I attend.

srd
01-13-2010, 16:56
I was wondering the same thing tkosiba. Would be interested in playing with a longer barrel with and without a comp. The only ones i am aware of is the stock barrel from Glock and a Barsto..the Barsto is a stock length replacement.