CCDW Renewal Photo [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : CCDW Renewal Photo

01-12-2010, 12:21
I just received my notice to renew my CCDW.
I have no idea where to get a photo for it.
According to the state's website, it needs to be "no smaller than 3 1/2 x 4, nor larger than 4 x 5 inches"
A guy at the range was taking them when I took my class, but the range is now closed.
A lot of places offer passport photos, but it's my understanding that they are only 2 x 2 inches.

Where can I get a photo the state will accept in the next month or so?

I'm in the Owensboro area, but go to E'town, Radcliff, Ft.Knox area every few weeks.

01-12-2010, 16:10
The Kenton County Sheriff took the photo used on my permit. That said, I know you can go to any Walgreens and get a 'passport photo' that will can be resized right there at Walgreens to work perfectly. You just have to give them the size you need.

01-12-2010, 20:43
Thanks, Mark!

I had heard that you COULD get it done at the sheriff's office, but I didn't want to trust that info.
I never even considered that someplace that does Passport Photos could resize them.

01-13-2010, 00:22
Fayette County Sheriff's office will also take them for you.

The Hawk
01-13-2010, 07:29
I realize you are not close to Oldham County but that is where I live and they took my picture in the Sheriff's office. I would call the local Sheriff's office and ask them.
By the way, I was visiting some folks in Owensboro a few years ago. You sure have some pretty scenery in your part of the state.

01-13-2010, 07:44
What are you guys thinking ... only slightly less important than rule # 1 (Don't talk to the po-po) is rule # 2 (Don't let the po-po photo you.). Just kidding. Wal-mart, Walgreens, CVS, any number of places will do it for you. I'm sure the county boys will do so also.

02-03-2010, 21:33
just buy a disposable camera & have someone take some closeups. develop the photos at the local drug store. cut to size.

02-04-2010, 20:36
In Woodford County we (wife and I) used passport photo's the Sheriff's office informed us that the rules have changed for size I would call the local Sheriff's office and ask

02-05-2010, 07:45
The sherriff office where you have to renew will do it for you. I think it's Daviess there correct ?? It's usually 5.00 for the pic

02-09-2010, 10:49
Simpson County Sheriff took my pic with a Polaroid self developing. I think it was $3.