Glock Armorer or gunsmiths in Raleigh Area [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Armorer or gunsmiths in Raleigh Area

JC2317
01-12-2010, 13:25
Can anyone recommend a certified Glock Armorer or a good gunsmith in the Raleigh area? I would be willing to travel some to find a good one. Also any good pistol range? outdoor perhaps? indoor if I have to.
Thanks

Thx-1138
01-13-2010, 21:18
Can anyone recommend a certified Glock Armorer or a good gunsmith in the Raleigh area? I would be willing to travel some to find a good one. Also any good pistol range? outdoor perhaps? indoor if I have to.
Thanks
Can't help you on the armorer.

For "walk in and shoot today", you're probably limited to Personal Defense & Handgun Safety Center. Indoor.

Most outdoor ranges require memberships, or have limited operating hours.

JC2317
01-14-2010, 09:24
Thanks. Someone else mentioned that place too. Thank You for the reply.

ncglock19
01-14-2010, 22:08
I agree. Personal Defense site is http://www.pdhsc.com/ and has 6 indoor lanes. It's $15 per session plus $1 per target if you don't have your own. They also rent pistols for $5 (provided you buy their ammo).

I'm new to pistols, and took the intro course at Personal Defense. Renting the different guns allowed me to fall in love with the Glock 19.

Now that I purchased my own, I've just gotten a membership at the Wake County government range in Holly Springs. Check out http://www.wakegov.com/firingrange/default.htm for more information. The next orientation class for the Wake range is this Saturday at 1:30 PM. The cost is $15 and it takes about 2 hours. Show up about 30 minutes early to register.

joe (Noob)

gconan
01-17-2010, 17:02
There is an excellent Gunsmith at Personal Defense and Handgun safety Center(PDHSC) already mentioned.

JC2317
01-17-2010, 17:12
Thanks Guys. I appreciate the information on the range and the gunsmith, and I'll be looking at the Wake county range as well.
Thank You both.

filthy infidel
02-02-2010, 17:00
I agree. Personal Defense site is http://www.pdhsc.com/ and has 6 indoor lanes. It's $15 per session plus $1 per target if you don't have your own. They also rent pistols for $5 (provided you buy their ammo).

I'm new to pistols, and took the intro course at Personal Defense. Renting the different guns allowed me to fall in love with the Glock 19.

Now that I purchased my own, I've just gotten a membership at the Wake County government range in Holly Springs. Check out http://www.wakegov.com/firingrange/default.htm for more information. The next orientation class for the Wake range is this Saturday at 1:30 PM. The cost is $15 and it takes about 2 hours. Show up about 30 minutes early to register.

joe (Noob)

Plus they have an indoor 100meter range at the Firearms Training Center in Holly Springs.

MaximaDrvr
02-03-2010, 01:23
PDHSC requires that you purchase their targets. You can not use your own.*
You have to buy at least one. You can then tape your own targets over the original.

They offer a 'red card' membership for $40 that drops the price to $10 per visit for the lane fee. If you go once a month for a year, it pays for itself in savings.

I have heard PDHSC has a decent smith, but at the same time, that is slow and somewhat expensive. I don't have any personal experience with him.

JC2317
02-03-2010, 08:24
Thanks everyone for the information. I will check out the Wake County facility and PDHSC.

filthy infidel
02-07-2010, 09:10
PDHSC requires that you purchase their targets. You can not use your own.*
You have to buy at least one. You can then tape your own targets over the original.

They offer a 'red card' membership for $40 that drops the price to $10 per visit for the lane fee. If you go once a month for a year, it pays for itself in savings.

I have heard PDHSC has a decent smith, but at the same time, that is slow and somewhat expensive. I don't have any personal experience with him.

His name is 'Cap' and he's worked on a few of my old man's guns. Good guy.
FWIW, I have gotten more 'purple hearts' at this range than any other. Look out for ricochets!

Ps91two
02-07-2010, 13:22
I dont know what part of raliegh you live around or if you would be interested, but there is a Pawn Shop in Zebulon NC, not far from Raliegh. Zebulon Pawn Shop is the name (go figure!) A Glock armorer runs in and outta there, the place is it's own little gun community. Owner is a fantastic guy and the people are great. Send me a PM and Ill give you some more info if your interested.