Target Ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Target Ammo

gunsnfish
01-12-2010, 16:19
Was wondering what do guys like to shoot at the range for Glock 17 9mm .I bought some ammo I don't care for I keep having having jams at the range just wanted to know what other guy's use.

GLShooter
01-12-2010, 17:08
For 9 MM I shoot Remington factory FMJ stuff if I am forced to go that route I have found that MOST 115 and 124 grain FMJ's run fine. I have not shot any factory "remanufactured" ammo in 25 years so I can't speak to that.

I prefer ammo made by US companies out of habit but I am sure there are some other foreign ones out there that do well. Fiocchi comes to mind as one of the few I have shot.

If you are using performance ammo like the HP's and other SD stuff perhaps the OAL length just won't work with your pistol. The Silvertips and PMC El Dorado stuff I used on duty with the BOP always ran well in the Rugers we carried and my Browning HP's.

Greg L.

MTS532
01-12-2010, 17:17
Was wondering what do guys like to shoot at the range for Glock 17 9mm .I bought some ammo I don't care for I keep having having jams at the range just wanted to know what other guy's use.

What ammo were you using that caused the G17 to jam?

hurley842002
01-12-2010, 19:07

You may consider looking at potential problems with the pistol or mags, a G17 should take just about anything you feed it. How old is the pistol? Round count?

beforeobamabans
01-12-2010, 20:13
You've definitely got a problem with either gun or technique. My G17 eats anything and everything. The most reliable and trouble-free Glock ever made.

gunsnfish
01-12-2010, 20:25
The product is MFU made in Hungry ,I believe it is the ammo I just read a long list of reviews off the sight I originally purchased this from and many guys moaning about misfires with guns that have never jammed prior.
My gun has 1000 rounds through it tops my last trip to the range I did 100 rounds of Remington JHP first.As soon I went to the MFU ammo I had at least 4 separate hang ups.