Some South Carolina questions.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Some South Carolina questions....

Turbodreams
01-13-2010, 12:21
So the fiance has finally agreed to move down there. Well be there in the next year or so, currently saving enough for the move and a backup in case we dont find suitable jobs right away.

I just have a few questions regarding the laws.

Bringing my weapons in, anything I need to do?

Whats it take to get my pistol/ccw/chl permit/license? I already have one here in CT.

Any bans on anything?

Class 3 weapons? Suppressors, machine guns, select fire?

Thanks in advance.

GT4494
01-13-2010, 17:33
This should help.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c031.htm

Glockphobia
01-15-2010, 04:55
also try sled http://www.sled.sc.gov/they regulate and issue permits.

Turbodreams
01-15-2010, 09:39
thanks fellas. Def provided some of the info I was looking for.

1985 4Runner
01-15-2010, 09:53
SC is pretty gun friendly. I miss my home State.

Forty-eight
01-17-2010, 04:00
To get your CCW permit here in South Carolina, just sign up for the 1 day course offered at local gun dealers. The course consists of about a half a day in the classroom, and then range qualification. They will give you all the paperwork you need, and most of them take your picture, too, so all you have to do is send in the paperwork provided in class along with a money order for $50 to SLED, and in about 90 days your permit will arrive in the mail.

Turbodreams
01-17-2010, 20:20
To get your CCW permit here in South Carolina, just sign up for the 1 day course offered at local gun dealers. The course consists of about a half a day in the classroom, and then range qualification. They will give you all the paperwork you need, and most of them take your picture, too, so all you have to do is send in the paperwork provided in class along with a money order for $50 to SLED, and in about 90 days your permit will arrive in the mail.

What if I already have an NRA Pistol course certificate and a CT state pistol permit?

GT4494
01-18-2010, 19:10
Need to check with an expert but we don't tend to trust anyone from
"Up There" :tongueout:

IMHO Since CT does not honor the SC permit I would doubt that SC would honor anything about CT.

Glockrunner
01-19-2010, 07:31

Sorry but a half day just won't cut it. Required 8 hours in the class room and nothing short of that or, you and the instructor are breaking the law.