Critique my work! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Critique my work!

okie
01-13-2010, 11:24
I put some anti slip tape on the front strap of my Springfield 1911, feel free to critique my work. Sorry for the crappy pic, but I couldn't get a good close up shot, I don't know what the hell is up with my cam:steamed:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p64/okie1911/PICT0002.jpg

sns3guppy
01-13-2010, 11:38
I'm sure it's fine, hard to tell from the picture...but are you resting that weapon on it's cocked hammer with the muzzle pointing back at you while you take the picture...with your hand in front of the muzzle?

paul45
01-13-2010, 11:46
Uhhhhh.........Oops

Rinspeed
01-13-2010, 12:05
Nice tailgate. :tongueout:

faawrenchbndr
01-13-2010, 12:05
Looks good Okie,.....by experience with my Custom II,
I would suggest making the grip tape an oval shape. The
corners seem to catch and tend to pull the tape loose.

Your back-drop sure beats PINK carpet! :rofl:
LineX or Rhino? :supergrin:

faawrenchbndr
01-13-2010, 12:09
I'm sure it's fine, hard to tell from the picture...but are you resting that weapon on it's cocked hammer with the muzzle pointing back at you while you take the picture...with your hand in front of the muzzle?

A. I'm guessing he's looking through the camera so it's well away from his head.
B. Hand does not apear to be over muzzle
C. Knowing Okie, thumb safety is ON
D. Grip safety is not depressed
E. No finger on the trigger

So what's the issue? :dunno:

3rdgen40
01-13-2010, 12:14
Looks good OKIE...:wavey:

LoadedTech
01-13-2010, 12:22
OH NO, you just ruined your 1911!

sns3guppy
01-13-2010, 12:23
A. I'm guessing he's looking through the camera so it's well away from his head.
B. Hand does not apear to be over muzzle
C. Knowing Okie, thumb safety is ON
D. Grip safety is not depressed
E. No finger on the trigger

So what's the issue?

A. We shouldn't guess. Looking at the weapon from the muzzle end is really not a good idea, nor good handling. If the angle means a shot would miss his head...well, we don't handle firearms that way. Usually pointing away from one's head is a good idea.
B. Forefinger, at a minimum, in the picture is covered by the muzzle, possibly more.
C. I don't know Okie, but he asked for critique. If the safety is on, it should never be relied upon, and never takes the place of proper handling.
D. See C.
E. Again, see C. and D. We don't place a firearm to our forehead and suggest it's good handling simply because our finger isn't on the trigger, or that the safety is engaged, or that the grip safety isn't depressed...any more than we would or should put a firearm to our forehead and say "it's okay, it's not loaded." Proper handling always assumes the firearm is loaded,and that it can or could discharge...which is part of the reason we practice the philosophy that we should never allow the muzzle to cover that which we don't intend to destroy.

Point is, I'm sure the skate tape is fine. Personally I'd leave it plain or have it checkered, but whatever works. The poster asked for a critique, and whilethe picture is insufficient to evaluate the tape, it was more than sufficient to see improper handling while taking the picture.

KinderGlocken
01-13-2010, 12:24

Not to mention with a magazine inserted!

LEAD
01-13-2010, 12:29
Looks almost the same as your bed liner, I bet bed liner is a bit more long term.

faawrenchbndr
01-13-2010, 12:39
Damn,....some people JUST can't comment on a question and
no nit-pick someone. What a waste,.....:faint:

KinderGlocken
01-13-2010, 12:45
I was just having a little fun with oki. I would never want to nik-pick him. oki is good people.

MD357
01-13-2010, 12:46
A. We shouldn't guess.

No you shouldn't.

If you have a problem with this pic considering the amount of safeties in play, you're gonna be a REALLY busy guy "critiquing" pics on this board because I've seen FAR worse.

Let me leave you with this....

http://www.xdtalk.com/gallery/data/509/Hoot.JPG

Okie, Skatetape is a great no bs solution. I've got it on my Norinco.

MacG22
01-13-2010, 12:52
Okie, generally to get a good closeup you need to have your camera set to "Macro".

Ruggles
01-13-2010, 12:55
Damn,....some people JUST can't comment on a question and
no nit-pick someone. What a waste,.....:faint:

Ain't it the truth.:upeyes:

ithaca_deerslayer
01-13-2010, 14:06
That be some fancy duct tape work there Okie!

GVFlyer
01-13-2010, 14:37
The implied request here was for critique of his grip taping, not a lecture on gun safety.

Okie, grip tape is not to my taste, but you did a good job of applying yours.

Cobra64
01-13-2010, 16:34
Looks good okie! :cool:

bac1023
01-14-2010, 05:21
Nice job okie.

That will surely improve your grip traction.