Flushmount Quad rail [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : Flushmount Quad rail

01-13-2010, 23:25
I have seen ARs with Quad rail handguards that are flush on the receiver, with no ring in between. Can someone tell me what brands offer this?

01-14-2010, 00:54
Daniel defense
Midwest industries
Knights armament
Yankee hill

01-14-2010, 01:03
I'm not all up on every handguard design out there but here's what I think I know. I may be a little off as some of these manufacturers may offer a variety of models that may be different. I know the Daniels Defense and KAC top rail appears to be seamless except for the tiny little line where the handguard meets up with the receiver, but there is still stuff on the side for the rail to bolt up to. Larue has a full circumference ring that breaks up the top rail a little. Maybe you are talking about a truely one piece upper, that would be the LMT MRP or the Vltor VIS-Norcal911

01-14-2010, 14:58
i dont want the one piece, i just want one that fits flush on the receiver

01-14-2010, 15:39
Troy, DD Lite, MI.

01-14-2010, 15:59
Thanks! Found it. Now I need to decide which Length i want. Damn.

01-14-2010, 16:10
I like long. You can get your grip out farther while keeping room for a light, and you have a longer sight radius (I like shooting irons too). Plus, it looks good. But that's all personal preference.

01-14-2010, 23:13
Well, I have currently an all flatop 16" rifle, maybe I can buy the 12" handguard free float and just put the front site on the end of the handguard, longer site radius and it's the look I want anyway.

01-16-2010, 16:42
I have the 9" version from MI, I got a ridiculous deal on it. The guard, low profile gas block, and a trim ring for $188.



I think what you are looking for is a continuous upper rail? Its called a "monolithic rail" if that will help your search.

01-16-2010, 18:28
I have a Young Manufacturing rail on mine.


But I don't see it listed on their web site anymore.