Unexpected invoice. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected invoice.

GioaJack
01-14-2010, 18:21
My e-mail notification 'dinged' a few minutes ago. It was an invoice from Powder Valley with notification that they shipped 5K each of SP and LP primers at $22.50 per brick plus a 8# jug of Unique at $96.00.

Really didn't expect, or need the shipment... I ordered the stuff last April and they never even called or e-mailed me asking if I still wanted it.

For those of you waiting on backorders... hang on, there's still hope.

Jack

Bob2223
01-14-2010, 18:51
My e-mail notification 'dinged' a few minutes ago. It was an invoice from Powder Valley with notification that they shipped 5K each of SP and LP primers at $22.50 per brick plus a 8# jug of Unique at $96.00.

Really didn't expect, or need the shipment... I ordered the stuff last April and they never even called or e-mailed me asking if I still wanted it.

Jack

Sometimes when it looks bad along comes that cloud with the silver lining,

Bob

n2extrm
01-14-2010, 18:56
Nice I have a BO from last may. I really gave up, but hay maybe there is hope!

DEADLYACCURATE
01-14-2010, 19:53
Oh lucky you

PCJim
01-14-2010, 21:56
Jack, Don't be so bashful this time around when that package arrives! Invite that UPS lady inside and show her your reloader. You know she's interested - she all but invited herself in on a prior delivery. Sounds like a great reason to have blue equipment, don't you think? :supergrin:

Cobra64
01-14-2010, 23:00
Nice I have a BO from last may. I really gave up, but hay maybe there is hope!

http://www.a4we.org/uploadedImages/Resource_Center/Library/residential/showers/shower1.jpg

jing1117
01-15-2010, 00:06
Glad you got your stash of primers, me I'm still waiting for my May back order from GRAFS. On the lighter side, I was able to look at a newly opened gun store today and he had pallets or primers - he's got it all - no limits - to top it off he only sells them for $29.99/k. Very good price in my book since all the others here are selling them for $40 - $50.

GioaJack
01-15-2010, 08:49
Jack, Don't be so bashful this time around when that package arrives! Invite that UPS lady inside and show her your reloader. You know she's interested - she all but invited herself in on a prior delivery. Sounds like a great reason to have blue equipment, don't you think? :supergrin:

Oh the humanity of it all... the unfair humanity!!! The e-mail I got last night with the shipping tracking number is from Fed-Ex... she works for UPS! :crying:

My only possible hope at having a love life is if in the next day or so Fed-Ex and UPS merge... of course the name of the company would end up being the same as my attitude... FED-UP. :faint:

Jack

DanaT
01-15-2010, 16:57
Jack,

Do you want to sell any of those primers since you didnt expect them or need them?

I am really low on primers and have been having a hell of a time finding them reasonably priced.

-Dana

GioaJack
01-15-2010, 17:19
Jack,

Do you want to sell any of those primers since you didnt expect them or need them?

I am really low on primers and have been having a hell of a time finding them reasonably priced.

-Dana

Dana:

You're about 6 hours too late. One of my shootin' buddies called me at ten this morning about going shooting this weekend... told him about the invoice and shipping e-mails. He's hurting too so I promised him the 5K SP primers. He's insisting on paying me the price I paid at the local gun shop when they had 'em... $30 a brick. (I won't take the extra money, I'll either just give them to him or take what I paid.)

The LP primers I need, I was very low and this 5K won't last me long. Loading for the SIL too.

I'm gonna be with my buddy on Sunday, I'll take the primers to him then, assuming they get here by then... if for some reason he wants to let go of a brick or two I'll send you a PM and meet you somewhere.

I've got no problem trying to help out a fellow shooter but I gave my buddy my word... and that's all I have that's worth a damn. We'll see what happens.

Jack

David N.
01-15-2010, 17:51
Wow, backordered for nine months. I placed my order for 5k LR from Powder Valley Wednesday night, and they shipped yesterday. Less than 24 hours. I guess they must just like me better than all of you.

Well, either that or I'm the only one wanting the military LR primers. :supergrin:

Bobshouse
01-15-2010, 21:05

Jack

What brand of primer? Wolff?

dudel
01-16-2010, 04:49

Jack

I got a ding from Natchez yesterday. I requested notification of CCI SP back in 4/09. They now have (and probably still do) CCI SP. They wanted $34/1000 plus hazmat! :wow: No thanks Natchez.
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CC0014&src=bckrdAlrt

I get them locally for $29/1000.

That's why they probably still have them.

Don

mitchshrader
01-16-2010, 05:26
ya'll can believe it or not but those primers won't last 48 hours, so get 'em if you're gonna.

MAUSER88
01-16-2010, 05:50
I love surprises like that!!

n2extrm
01-16-2010, 09:15
http://www.a4we.org/uploadedImages/Resource_Center/Library/residential/showers/shower1.jpg

:rofl:Yeah I guess I left that door open!

n2extrm
01-16-2010, 09:18
Oh the humanity of it all... the unfair humanity!!! The e-mail I got last night with the shipping tracking number is from Fed-Ex... she works for UPS! :crying:

My only possible hope at having a love life is if in the next day or so Fed-Ex and UPS merge... of course the name of the company would end up being the same as my attitude... FED-UP. :faint:

Jack

Jack maybe I can help. I have a few scrap pieces of 2X4 and I will box them up and send em to ya adult signiture required UPS if you want. :rofl:

GioaJack
01-16-2010, 10:31
What brand of primer? Wolff?

CCI's

Jack maybe I can help. I have a few scrap pieces of 2X4 and I will box them up and send em to ya adult signiture required UPS if you want. :rofl:

SEND THE WOOD... it's cold, I need the kindling... and the cuddling. :supergrin:

Jack

yort81
01-16-2010, 21:27
How much do they ding you for shipping and hazmat on 5k of primers?

GioaJack
01-16-2010, 21:35
How much do they ding you for shipping and hazmat on 5k of primers?

It's 5K SP, 5K LP and 8# of Unique. Shipped under one Haz Mat, $22.50. Shipping was $11.95 plus $1 for insurance.

I looked up the tracking number... supposed to deliver Monday.

Jack

jdavionic
01-16-2010, 21:36
I've had stuff on order for so long, I forgot what the heck I ordered. I know I order thousands of primers in April. I think I also ordered some powder in that same timeframe. :dunno:

I figure it will be like Christmas when I get the notice...except I'll have to buy my own gift. But hey, that's okay when it comes to gun stuff.

njl
01-17-2010, 23:19
I got a ding from Graff yesterday. I requested notification of CCI SP back in 4/09. They now have (and probably still do) CCI SP. They wanted $35/1000 plus hazmat! :wow: No thanks Graff.

I get them locally for $29/1000.

That's why they probably still have them.

Don

That's kind of odd. I don't see them at that price on their web site. This has me really tempted to get in line and backorder another 2 cases of CCI SP. According to the web site, they're still $110/5000 + hazmat and handling. It comes to about $25/1000 delivered if I order the 2 cases.

dudel
01-18-2010, 03:38
That's kind of odd. I don't see them at that price on their web site. This has me really tempted to get in line and backorder another 2 cases of CCI SP. According to the web site, they're still $110/5000 + hazmat and handling. It comes to about $25/1000 delivered if I order the 2 cases.

Just checked, and they are out of stock :wow: People should be getting invoices for primers at $35/1000 plus hasmat. PT Barnum was right. Bet some people saw the email from Graff saying we got your primers and people said SHIP. They'll be saying SHI* when they get their invoice.

I see they don't show any CCI 1000 piece bricks (other than strips) right now (and even they are backordered).

Wow! :faint:

UPDATE: Sorry, my bad. It was Natchez; not Graffs. Here is the link:
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CC0014&src=bckrdAlrt

And they are sold out even at that price.

Don

njl
01-18-2010, 13:49
UPDATE: Sorry, my bad. It was Natchez; not Graffs. Here is the link:

And they are sold out even at that price.

Don

Oh...no surprise there. Natchez used to have great prices and is where I used to get all my Blazer pistol ammo...back when you could get 1000 rounds of 9mm for under $100 (not including shipping). Then they started jacking up the ammo prices...from $4.59/box up to somewhere in the teens.

Last 9mm Blazer I bought from them was $5.99/box in Feb 2007. Now I reload my own for pretty close to that.