Forster case trimmer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Forster case trimmer

2@low8
01-14-2010, 19:40
Has anyone ever used the Forster case trimmer that mounts on your drill press? I usually chuck up a Lee case trimmer and just hold the shell in the holder and run it up the trimmer. After a while it just starts to eat the skin off my fingers. I would love to be able to have the shell held in the clamp of the Forster trimmer and then run the Lee trimmer down into it.

Main question, is the case held against a flat surface in the Forster trimmer? If so my plan would work.

PatinAz
01-14-2010, 21:44
I can't give you any experience with the Forster trimmer. But, I too was using the Lee trimmer set-up.

Yeah, it worked good and it was cheap. I chucked mine up into a cordless drill. But I dreaded sitting down with a box of brass. I would glove up, and get into a groove. But I could only do it 30 or so minutes at a time before my hands hurt from gripping the cutter. Then after a while fatigue set in, every other case came loose in the shell holder because I didn't cinch it down enough, or it wasn't centered and concentric.

I ended up buying the RCBS Trim Pro. I'm 100% happy that I bought it, and don't dread prepping brass anymore. Much easier and less fatigue.

I set mine up much like this guy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw7Kp2FZ05w

Maninmirror
01-15-2010, 11:24
I saved for awhile and bought a Giruad. Good investment. Fast efficient and saves my fingers. There are worth every penny of the 400.00 they cost. It may not be an affordable option now. Just a suggestion

2@low8
01-15-2010, 14:22
And I though the Forster stuff was expensive!!

Wil Terry
01-15-2010, 20:03
The FORSTER CASE TRIMMER ,either hand turned or the model for use in a drill press, works beautifully !!! With the set up for use in my ATLAS HEAVY DUTY DRILL PRESS I can trim cases to a farethewell like shiq through a goose.
But DO NOT get your fingers in the way of the cutting head or you'll never need a fingernail trimmer and nailfile again in your natural born life.