10MM Dan Wesson Razorback split case ammo question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10MM Dan Wesson Razorback split case ammo question

ocala
01-14-2010, 18:46
Hello all,

I recently got a 10MM razorback. Love the gun but have a question.

It shoots everything I put in it with one exception: RBCD Platinum Plus Ammo. This is very high velocity ammo with a light load. It was sold to me as the "ULTIMATE AMMO".

I was mixing several types of ammo my first time at the range with the gun. When I shot this stuff the first time it split a case and left half in the gun. At the time, I though it was one of the other types of ammo, which I returned.

So today, after shooting 100 rounds of different types of ammo with no problems, I put 2 rounds of this stuff in in a mag and split the case of the second round. For me, this ammo is CRAP!

Anyway, the shop that sold it to me said the "VERY SLIGHT" machining marks in the barrell chamber are grabbing the case and causing the problem, NOT the ammo. The suggest polishing the barrell chamber.

My question is this: If my gun shoots other ammo without problems, and I will NEVER shoot this ammo again, do I have anything to gain by having my barrell chamber polished? I'm thinking making the chamber diameter larger even by a small amount from polishing it may not be a good thing.

Sorry the long rambling post, any advice appreciated. By the way - I think the DW razorback is fantastic!

Anyone who disagreews with me about this ammo can buy what I have at a DEEP discount!!:supergrin:

01-14-2010, 19:42
I would put the blame on the ammo. It is either loaded too hot or with faulty cases.

nam02G
01-15-2010, 09:15
My opinion, and it's worth everything you paid for it :supergrin:, is it's a problem with the cases. If machining marks were grabbing the cases and holding on to them it would happen with the other brands also.

nolt
01-16-2010, 10:24
love my razorback...

i agree with the other fellahs. use different ammo. but i prefer heavier bullets anyways.
if you start having problems with other rounds then come back to this question.