This is a great niche forum, sure wish it would liven up! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : This is a great niche forum, sure wish it would liven up!

arjunki
01-14-2010, 23:36
Really, I think this place has true potential for the 10mm community. What has happened to it? Am I missing out on another place where the 10mm people have migrated to?

MakeMineA10mm
01-15-2010, 16:23
Well, there's also the 10-Ring, which is a sub-forum just two spots above this one, where there is a very lively (daily changing) discussion of general 10mm stuff. This forum is very focused on the technical aspects of reloading to get the 10mm back to it's maximum potential, vs. the weakened "FBI-Load" equivalents that plague factory ammo and much of the reloading literature...

In other words, we 10mm fans are SO lively, that we need TWO forums! :whistling:

arjunki
01-15-2010, 16:37
Sounds good, I'll check it out.

02-04-2010, 16:44
I'm always stumbling onto new forums here in Glock Talk.
I'm really new here so the size of this place is a bit overwheming. In fact, I have trouble remembering where I've made posts.
My Dad and I have been shooting and reloading 10mm for several years now.
At first we had all sorts of trouble with FTF's and finally determined we were using primers that just weren't up to the job.

Well I'm going to move on now and read some more threads. I just wanted to say you're doing s great job. Keep it up!

Thanks,
Matt

BuffaloBo
02-05-2010, 14:20
Hi. Nice that you can be here.

Personally, I've pretty much done my full experimentation with the excellent 10mm round. I've found what bullet weights that I like, what powders I love, and those powders that I do not care for(800x comes to mind and do believe it is OVERRATED).

After that, you have YOUR own documented results, spend more time reloading your own favorite loads and hopefully spend even more time getting out there and shooting them. :wavey:

MakeMineA10mm
02-05-2010, 15:45
I'm always stumbling onto new forums here in Glock Talk.
I'm really new here so the size of this place is a bit overwheming. In fact, I have trouble remembering where I've made posts.
My Dad and I have been shooting and reloading 10mm for several years now.
At first we had all sorts of trouble with FTF's and finally determined we were using primers that just weren't up to the job.

Well I'm going to move on now and read some more threads. I just wanted to say you're doing s great job. Keep it up!

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt,
Welcome to the wide world of GlockTalk! :supergrin: Here's a helping hand for you - If you scroll up to the very top of any page you're on, you'll see a narrow brown bar running across the very top of the page with words in it like "Home" "Advertising" "Arcade" etc. About 3/4s of the way over from left to right you'll see "My Threads/Replies" Clicking on these will take you to a search list of all the threads or replies you've posted. I find this VERY handy. Wish it was on all the forums I visit...

Taterhead
02-25-2010, 23:39
Hi. Nice that you can be here.

Personally, I've pretty much done my full experimentation with the excellent 10mm round. I've found what bullet weights that I like, what powders I love, and those powders that I do not care for(800x comes to mind and do believe it is OVERRATED).

After that, you have YOUR own documented results, spend more time reloading your own favorite loads and hopefully spend even more time getting out there and shooting them. :wavey:

I have the same opinion of 800X. It meters like crap and does not perform as well as Blue Dot or A9 except for the 135 gr bullet weights. I have a few pounds left so I'll eventually use it up - one hand weighed load at a time.