New CW9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New CW9

joe86
01-16-2010, 12:31
I just putchased a new CW9. I've owned Kahrs in the past and they have all been fine guns. Not sure why I got rid of them. It looks like the CW9 needs night sights, a Hogue Handall Jr, a steel guide rod and another magazine and a good holster, probably a Crossbreed supertuck.

I plan on a trip to the range next week end to try it out.

BTW, it anyone is interested I was going through my gun drawer and found a like new 6 or 7 year old magazine for a K40 I'd sell for $25 delivered in the continental US. I also have a guide rod from the same period for a pK9 or
PK40. Not sure how to tell the difference.

Thanks

Joe in Nashville

toddmog
01-16-2010, 15:07
My CW9 came with a steel guide rod. Night sights are available now through Kahr...IIRC for $89ish. I carry mine every day in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I got my spare mags through Bud's as they had the best shipped price at the time. I would recommend detail stripping the slide by following the directions in the sticky in this forum. My brand new gun had a lot of gunk in the striker channel. Enjoy your CW9!

3putter
01-16-2010, 21:58
I just putchased a new CW9. I've owned Kahrs in the past and they have all been fine guns. Not sure why I got rid of them. It looks like the CW9 needs night sights, a Hogue Handall Jr, a steel guide rod and another magazine and a good holster, probably a Crossbreed supertuck.

I plan on a trip to the range next week end to try it out.

BTW, it anyone is interested I was going through my gun drawer and found a like new 6 or 7 year old magazine for a K40 I'd sell for $25 delivered in the continental US. I also have a guide rod from the same period for a pK9 or
PK40. Not sure how to tell the difference.

Thanks

Joe in Nashville

Hope yours shoots as good as mine!! Definately put the Hogue Handall Jr. on -- makes a huge difference in how well the gun feels in your hand. Recently I put the new Crimson Trace Laser on mine and love it. If you consider that wait to get a holster that accomodates the laser. Got mine from K & D Holsters and am pleased with it.

bigswedegml
01-21-2010, 18:36
Do you guys mind stating how much you bought your CW9's for? I am looking for one for my wife's best friend and want to give her an idea on how much they are right now.

toddmog
01-21-2010, 18:39
I've seen them from $389-$429 in my neck of the woods.

3putter
01-21-2010, 20:05
Do you guys mind stating how much you bought your CW9's for? I am looking for one for my wife's best friend and want to give her an idea on how much they are right now.

Got mine for $395 but that was in 2006

bigswedegml
01-21-2010, 23:04
Thanks guys, I was thinking they would be around $425 here.

Short Bus
03-01-2010, 22:37
I just picked one up today and it was $429. Not too bad. Not the deal of the year, but I am happy with it. I have not been to the range yet but that will happen in a few days.