I was followed home from the gunshow [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I was followed home from the gunshow

filthy infidel
01-16-2010, 12:50
by a GSG-5! I went in looking for something different that wouldn't break the bank to shoot. Dealer wanted $400 otd nib and was $50 cheaper than any other table.
Got it home, took it apart, put it back together again and can't wait to shoot it!

CMG
01-16-2010, 13:58
They are a lot of fun, and now that ATI is staying the game, parts and service (should you need it) are not a problem either.

Hef
01-16-2010, 14:12
Careful, they're addictive. I've got $1100 invested in a GSG5 and mods & accessories.

AggiePhil
01-16-2010, 14:47
Careful, they're unreliable as hell, mainly in rapid fire.

RUT
01-16-2010, 15:37
Nothing like raining on somebody's parade. :-(

CMG
01-16-2010, 18:18

:whistling:

Thankfully, my experience has been much better! :cool:

I have two GSGs and both will empty a 22 round mag as fast as I can pull the trigger with no failures at all.

I think there are a couple upgrades that should be done right out of the box (better screws & cocking handle buffer) for best durability, but I've never had any issues with reliability!

kc lefty
01-16-2010, 20:34
I guess mine is the only one that runs like a cheeta on meth for a mag full dump.

Lucky me I got the only good GSG ever made

Hef
01-16-2010, 20:52

Mine shoots fine.

filthy infidel
01-23-2010, 14:12
I went shooting outdoors with several friends today and we put about four hundred rounds through it. It ran great and was sighted in 'minute of fruit' at fifteen yards out of the box. It handled great and everyone who shot it was left grinning from ear to ear.
I put in an 11/16" delrin 'stem washer' from the Danco plumbing repair kit against the end of the charging tube body to serve as a cocking tube buffer as I'd read online, worked perfectly. We had one FTE at about 100 rounds.
Cheap fun!
:cool:

DriBak
01-23-2010, 15:34
Glad you enjoy it, good price also. When these came out buyers were paying premium. It was going to be my tacticool rimfire until I got a Sig 522

filthy infidel
01-23-2010, 18:01
One of my friends brought a Walther .22 bullpup, can't remember the model. But he had drooled over the GSG 5.
The GSG garnered an unusual amount of attention at this outdoors range. We were shooting potatoes, lemons, and generic sodas and my friends shot it better than I in most cases. Loading the 22 round mags was a chore but it ate up American Eagle .22LR HP just fine.
I lubed it up liberally with Break-Free before shooting and am more than happy with the results. The stock is a bit light and flimsy, I'm going to add a buck fifty of copper and foam next.
As far as rapid fire, I emptied two mags as fast as I could pull the trigger, literally streaming brass from the ejection port, with no malfunctions at all.
FI

FLIPPER 348
01-25-2010, 23:45
I guess mine is the only one that runs like a cheeta on meth for a mag full dump.

de

nope, mine does too

CMG
01-26-2010, 08:57
...I put in an 11/16" delrin 'stem washer' from the Danco plumbing repair kit against the end of the charging tube body to serve as a cocking tube buffer as I'd read online, worked perfectly. We had one FTE at about 100 rounds.
Cheap fun!
:cool:

I use a plumbing cone washer in the same manner... works just great.

gadgetguy1288
02-05-2010, 20:41
One of my friends brought a Walther .22 bullpup, can't remember the model. But he had drooled over the GSG 5.
The GSG garnered an unusual amount of attention at this outdoors range. We were shooting potatoes, lemons, and generic sodas and my friends shot it better than I in most cases. Loading the 22 round mags was a chore but it ate up American Eagle .22LR HP just fine.
I lubed it up liberally with Break-Free before shooting and am more than happy with the results. The stock is a bit light and flimsy, I'm going to add a buck fifty of copper and foam next.
As far as rapid fire, I emptied two mags as fast as I could pull the trigger, literally streaming brass from the ejection port, with no malfunctions at all.
FI

I have one of the Walthers, in OD green. Its called a G-22. It runs like a champ and is more accurate than my Marlin 60. But only having a 10 round capacity kinda sux. I can't say much for the GSG yet(mines on the way) but I will say most of the younger shooting crowd will pick the Walther over my 15-22, Marlin 60, or P-22 if I give em a choice.

trob
02-10-2010, 14:19
i love when that happens :cool: