Ak Stocks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ak Stocks

ussoldier202
01-17-2010, 01:02
Ive been searching the web for days for a stock set for WASR 10, I found this site and never heard of them. Anybody ever buy from them or know the quality of thier products?

http://www.veriforcetactical.com/gun_accessories/AK47/STOCK%20SETS/76/

mrmedina
01-17-2010, 08:01
I never bought nothing from them, but I do use the site as a reference for equipment.:wavey:

pariah
01-17-2010, 12:39
www.k-var.com/

Jack Greenwell
01-17-2010, 17:53
I saw one at a gunshow, it seemed cheap (both workmanship and materials). I got a romy sidefolder and love it.

ussoldier202
01-18-2010, 00:56
I have a side folder on my SKS but want to do somethin different, Im wanting to get a collapsible m4 style stock, I think im goin with CAA. Also tryin to find a decent top scope mount instead of a side mount, unless a side mount is the best way to go. I already orderd my Eotech. I really appreciate any feedback. Now when I finally get out of Iraq I will have some toys to play with!!!

hoosier#17
01-18-2010, 07:12
www.k-var.com/

These guys or surplus.

War Hammer
01-18-2010, 08:38
I have a side folder on my SKS but want to do somethin different, Im wanting to get a collapsible m4 style stock, I think im goin with CAA. Also tryin to find a decent top scope mount instead of a side mount, unless a side mount is the best way to go. I already orderd my Eotech. I really appreciate any feedback. Now when I finally get out of Iraq I will have some toys to play with!!!

If you want a top mount, skip all the handguards with integrated rails. They simply will not hold a zero. Likewise with railed dust covers. The handguard and dust cover do not attach solidly enough to the rifle to be use for mounting sights. Unless you're just going for a look and don't really care if it actually works. An Ulitmak rail would be your best soultion (IMO)for top-mounting, with a Beryl-style rail as your second option and an aluminum quad rail as yout third.

As for the vendor you linked to in your first post, I would contact them and ask who is the maker of the stocks they are selling. That will help you better judge the quality and price. Also, where the stocks are made (country of origin) can be important for 922r compliance.

.45Super-Man
01-18-2010, 09:53
I went with a plum, warsaw length set from K-Var for the WASR. They are overpriced but they're the only synthetic stock set for the AK that actually looks "right" in my opinion.

WIG19
01-19-2010, 13:21
I went with a plum, warsaw length set from K-Var for the WASR. They are overpriced but they're the only synthetic stock set for the AK that actually looks "right" in my opinion.Completely agree, right down to the color.

ETA: As to a top-mounted optic that will really work, no bs, you would be hard-pressed to find anything better than the Ultimak, period. Also, properly installed, some folks report some measure of accuracy improvement, likely most noticeable on the guns thought of as being less than stellar in that department. My WASR will hit your little dessert-size paper plate, at 300m, where the full dinner size would've been needed before.
:supergrin:

dglockster
01-21-2010, 16:57
http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDsite/IWDHome.html has an excellent rep among all the AK sites.