Anyone from Sumter/Clarendon County, SC? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Sumter/Clarendon County, SC?

Forty-eight
01-17-2010, 03:07
Does anyone live near Sumter or Clarendon Counties? I am looking for someone to go to the range with. I go to the Manchester Rifle Range off of Hwy 261 near Wedgefield, SC. I will drive to your location if it's not too far. I'm looking to meet new people interested in the sport of shooting.

Glockphobia
01-17-2010, 05:54
how far down 261 (or off of 378)is the range? might be able to meet up sometimes, but def not within the next 2 weekends.

Forty-eight
01-17-2010, 06:14
how far down 261 (or off of 378)is the range? might be able to meet up sometimes, but def not within the next 2 weekends.

After you turn R on 261 off of 378, go about 12 miles (not more than 15). I can give you precise directions if you decide to make the drive. I could also meet you somewhere in Cola, if you know of any place (Shooter's Choice?).

Glockphobia
01-18-2010, 04:02
do keep me in mind, i dont mind the drive, as my mother lives in sumter and i visit her about every other week. but, for the next two weekends im pre-occupied with the honey-doos. i do look forward to shooting at a new range. doesnt manchester have some sort of fee?

i have never shot at shooters choice because i dragging my ar10 & 15 along and shooting them as well and they dont allow rifles, but who knows, maybe one day.

Forty-eight
01-18-2010, 04:57
do keep me in mind, i dont mind the drive, as my mother lives in sumter and i visit her about every other week. but, for the next two weekends im pre-occupied with the honey-doos. i do look forward to shooting at a new range. doesnt manchester have some sort of fee?

i have never shot at shooters choice because i dragging my ar10 & 15 along and shooting them as well and they dont allow rifles, but who knows, maybe one day.

It's good to know that you come to Sumter every couple of weeks. I was born in Sumter, and lived there until I was 5 years old, but we still have family there. The Manchester Range is open Saturday 8:30 - 5:00, and Sunday 1:00 - 5:00. There is a $5 fee for each person per visit, or you can get a yearly pass for $20 or $25 (I can't remember which one). You can get the pass online. If you are interested in getting an online pass, let me know and I will get you the web address. You can probably get the yearly pass at the range also.
There is also a range up your way around Whitmire. I've been there before, but I can't remember exactly where it is, but I could find it on a map. We might check it out sometime, as well. Manchester has range officers, but Whitmire doesn't, so you have really watch out for yourself at Whitmire, depending on who is there shooting. Some of those fellows think it's OK to shoot while you are down range setting your target out. I really saw that happen one time. The idiot said to the man he had placed in danger, "I wasn't shooting anywhere near where you were". I just make sure I have a good understanding with everyone there whenever I go down range, and my partner watches for me. You can't be too careful.
I will PM you with my phone number, and you can call me and let me know when you want to meet up.