Good gun store in Tampa area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good gun store in Tampa area?

rally
01-17-2010, 07:47
Does anyone have any recommendations for gun stores in the Tampa area to go browse. (friendly, resonable and safe) I've noticed a trend of some of these stores being way over priced.

CigarGuy
01-18-2010, 05:42
Don't know if coming across the bay to Pinellas is an option but if it is.......
Looks like they had real good prices at KastleKeep on Ulmerton and John at Florida Survivalist in Dunedin has new Glocks at everyday price of $505, I believe.

FloridaCCW
01-18-2010, 06:17
Knights Shooting Sports in Clearwater is nice.

LurkMastR
01-18-2010, 18:53
I've heard good things about Wain Roberts Firearms in Pinellas Park, but I have no 1st hand dealings with them.

You can always check out the shops in that area from the link in my signature.

area727
01-22-2010, 11:20
Knight Shooting Sports is nice. I've also been to Take Aim up in Palm Harbor on US19. Nice people at both places.

I went to one on Tampa Road (forget the name), I believe near The Roundup (big line dancing bar, which I've never been in). One of the guys there seemed rude, and rubbed me the wrong way...it was my one and only trip there. Their prices also seemed really high.

LMBFlorida
01-24-2010, 17:48
If you want to just browse, Shoot Straight on 301 at MLK has a great selection. Problem is they put list price on all their guns and if you want to purchase something it is like buying a car.

But you can't beat their selection of instock items.

area727
01-25-2010, 06:49
If you want to just browse, Shoot Straight on 301 at MLK has a great selection. Problem is they put list price on all their guns and if you want to purchase something it is like buying a car.

But you can't beat their selection of instock items.

I see commercials on TV for Shoot Straight all the time. The place looks cool, but I've never been.

Fireman1291
01-25-2010, 07:09
Ok. Forget Knights Shooting Sports(they dont come down on prices, they are set) and all high for that matter, and forget Take Aim. Take Aim price gouged during the elections, wont haggle and all their stuff is high. This is coming from a long history of me buying guns there, they just went down hill.

The ONLY shop ill goto and Ive been to all the above is Coles Gun Shop at the corner of Douglas and Sunset Point Road. Hes also class3. He has a HELL of a collection and will do ya right.

LMBFlorida
01-26-2010, 17:54
Ok. Forget Knights Shooting Sports(they dont come down on prices, they are set) and all high for that matter, and forget Take Aim. Take Aim price gouged during the elections, wont haggle and all their stuff is high. This is coming from a long history of me buying guns there, they just went down hill.

The ONLY shop ill goto and Ive been to all the above is Coles Gun Shop at the corner of Douglas and Sunset Point Road. Hes also class3. He has a HELL of a collection and will do ya right.

I agree. I have bought a number of items from the big guy and been very satisfied with the price and service.

plugger
02-13-2010, 19:09
Check Dan at Deer Hunter Clearwater. Honest and fair. Very smart

rodg74
02-14-2010, 23:36
Cole's is great! Friendly and professional people, no wannabe commandos, good selection of weapons, class 3 dealer, and CASH will get you a deal. Take Aim Guns and Shoot Straight...Handle/rent prospective purchases there (HUGE inventory at shoot straight) then go somewhere else to buy. These two places are overpriced.
Also, Mike at Old Time Gun Shop in New Port Richey and Russ at Britton's Guns in Tarpon Springs are GREAT. These two shops have decent selections and are friendly and helpful. If they don't have it they can get it. Both these guys are willing to wheel-n-deal. Especially when you're talkin cash, not cc.

tampashooters
02-15-2010, 13:48
I see commercials on TV for Shoot Straight all the time. The place looks cool, but I've never been.

The place certainly is cool, and the range is nice.... But they normally rape people on prices.... I just saw a G17 for $649.

It's a great place to look and feel, but not to purchase.

40 Cal Joe
02-23-2010, 10:14
Shoot Straight is a good place to see a huge selection. Know your prices walking in and don't pay the sticker. They always come down. Bought 3 from them like that.

They have good sales. Have seen the Apopka store have new Glocks for $489. Right now they have new XD's for $469.