Aimpoint CompM4 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint CompM4

NitLion
01-17-2010, 07:55
I have one on order... winging its way to me!! (to be put on my RRA CAR A4). Is there anything not to like about this optic? Any must-have additions like flip up scope covers or killflash? Any installation tips or any tips at all?

phxfa
01-17-2010, 09:35
Ive got two M4s's mounted on LaRue QD mounts, 1 with the kill-flash which came with it and 1 with the flip-up covers which I added. Bag the kill-flash and stick with the flip-ups. I had to use the LaRue mount on my REPR to clear the charging handle which you wont have a problem with, the factory QD mount is fine if it doesnt interfere with anything as it does stick out quite a bit, you'll love this optic! :cool:

internal
01-17-2010, 09:39
Is there anything not to like about this optic?

Yes, my only complaint about the Aimpoints is that there's too much **** hanging off them so all that **** tends to disrupt my FOV when shooting both eyes open.

It should just be a tube that's a perfect circle around the perimeter.

Hokie
01-17-2010, 09:57
Yes, my only complaint about the Aimpoints is that there's too much **** hanging off them so all that **** tends to disrupt my FOV when shooting both eyes open.

Where would the battery go? Or would you prefer they make the tube bigger and put the battery and adjustment dials inside the tube?

internal
01-17-2010, 10:16
Where would the battery go? Or would you prefer they make the tube bigger and put the battery and adjustment dials inside the tube?

Yes I would prefer a bigger tube at that point.

What's the story with the T1, where's the battery located on that model?

phxfa
01-17-2010, 10:19

Thats why I bought the S version, low battery mount, not so bad IMHO

phxfa
01-17-2010, 10:22
Yes I would prefer a bigger tube at that point.

What's the story with the T1, where's the battery located on that model?
It's built into the brightness/adjustment dial

COBRA90GT
01-17-2010, 11:32
If you are looking for a QD mount, also consider Bobro (http://www.bobroengineering.com/) - outstanding quality. I'm running a "BOBRO AIMPOINT COMP M4 Mount" (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1118) and it's a great combination with my Aimpoint/AR.

YMMV

bjesse60
01-17-2010, 11:37
Does anyone know on the M4s model if the adjustment dial gets in the way of flip-down covers or if they have to be in the flip up position ?

phxfa
01-17-2010, 11:42
Does anyone know on the M4s model if the adjustment dial gets in the way of flip-down covers or if they have to be in the flip up position ?
Either way works

phxfa
01-17-2010, 11:47
If you are looking for a QD mount, also consider Bobro (http://www.bobroengineering.com/) - outstanding quality. I'm running a "BOBRO AIMPOINT COMP M4 Mount" (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1118) and it's a great combination with my Aimpoint/AR.

YMMV
Does the BOBRO mount self adjust on the rail like the factory M4 mount?
Ive learned that all rails are not the same dimensionaly, My SIG .556 SBR's picatinny rail doesnt like my LaRue mounted optics (loose) and theres a slight change between other platforms

Chuck TX
01-17-2010, 12:26
I'd pick up some flip-up caps (I like the blizzard/see-thru ones).

I have two. One in with a Bobro mount, one with a LaRue mount. The Bobro mount is hands down better IMO for going between different rifles. The LaRue is more magnifier friendly by a long shot. With the LaRue you can get a 3x mag (or the 2.5x po boy) to fit with just about any combo of BUIS. With the Bobro is a whole lot tighter fit, and nearly impossible with a Magpul MBUS on an AR without a continuous quad rail.

kgain673
01-17-2010, 14:43
i have one on order... Winging its way to me!! (to be put on my rra car a4). Is there anything not to like about this optic? Any must-have additions like flip up scope covers or killflash? Any installation tips or any tips at all?

the price sucks!