Eotech Pricing? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Eotech Pricing?

HogGlocker
01-17-2010, 18:29
If asked before sorry.....

Locally I can find a 512 for $389 at the Barrett Family gun shop [Outpost Armory].

Seen them on line for as cheap as $364 but not familiar with many of the dealers I am seeing. One guy on Ebay has sold tons of them at $364 but that makes me kinda cautious no matter what dudes rating is and considering the fakes out there.

Yes Bravo [$399] and Midway [$409] and others have them.

Has anyone found or heard of a killer deal going on anywhere right now on this or other Eotech HWS?

Thanks guys...

raven11
01-17-2010, 18:47
too bad you didnt buy them last month, they had a great rebate going on

HogGlocker
01-17-2010, 18:48
sorry for the wasted space....

looks like GGG has the 512, GGG covers and acu-cam mount for $415....reg $563....answered my own ?

furioso2112
01-17-2010, 19:37
That's a deal. Check out Optics Planet, too, but I have the GGG accu-cam and covers, and I like both. The covers are chinsy for the $40 they charge by themselves, but the best thing I have found. The accu-cam is no LaRue, but it has served me well so far. I just posted most of this in the forum asking for a comparison of AimPoint and EoTech, but I'll add it here, too - I wonder if EoTech is going to start reducing pricing or introduce more new models, and that is why they ran the rebate. It did coincide with the end of the year, though, so might have just been inventory reduction help for their dealers so they could move more product.

HogGlocker
01-17-2010, 20:41
Thanks guys.........looks like the GG&G deal is pretty good.....granted, with local tax that $389 512 I found winds up at $427.90.....

Don't quite know what the shipping is on GG&G but at any rate it can't be more than about $20...call that $435 and for $7 over my local cost I get the accucam and the covers.....like em or not could sell off later if I wanted.

I know I know....with the rebate and all would have been a better time to buy....don't like to buy for myself during Christmas time though...wife is a shooter [cursed and blessed am I] and I got her a new pistol from Santa.

I figure Eotech did the rebate for several valid reasons....year end inventory reduction, stimulate sales [as if they needed that I guess] and to help folks out [popular now to offer rebates....gets into the psyche and stimulates folks to buy.]

I really like the 512.....the new XP series is nice as well...can have that for about $400....

Thanks for the info.........

Vigilant
01-17-2010, 23:12
******?

Also, what are y'awl's thoughts on the Eotech 517? Not much more money than a 512, and looks like a whole lot more of a sight.

mkmckinley
01-17-2010, 23:24
I highly, highly recommend going with one of the XPS models. It is very much worth the extra money and if you're worried about buying lithiums you can get rechargeables that work well.

HogGlocker
01-18-2010, 09:56
Yeah, the XPS models are really tweaking my interest.......

Love the smaller size and the fact that they run on the 123 batts.....I have tons of those for several lights and I buy them in bulk so $ is not an issue.........

Looks like the XP series came out about March or so of 2009....can't find any neg on them.

The 517.......isn't the only difference in the 517 over the 512, the 7mm raised front portion of the base and the butons on the side rather than the rear?

Brings a question though.....looked at what I thought was a 517 yesterday....no buttons on the side but had the raised portion at front of base......so I wonder, which is which then?

Dealer said it was a 512...[it was in a glassed case] but I didn't think the 512 had the raised portion of the front of base......but buttons were on the rear...??????

ANyhow, thisguy was smoking crack....great shop sure but he wanted $440 for it......can get an XP for less than that....have found the XP now as low as $426 shipped......

Daekwan
01-18-2010, 12:37
I highly, highly recommend going with one of the XPS models. It is very much worth the extra money and if you're worried about buying lithiums you can get rechargeables that work well.

XPS is $419 @ Primaryarms.com

Cant beat the price or service.. I was lucky enuff to get in on the $50 rebate offer so it was $379 for me :0)

JASV.17
01-18-2010, 15:00
XPS is $419 @ Primaryarms.com

Cant beat the price or service.. I was lucky enuff to get in on the $50 rebate offer so it was $379 for me :0)

I can't say enough about Primary Arms. I've ordered from them twice, my most recent being an XPS from them two weeks ago. All around excellence from PA.

HogGlocker
01-18-2010, 17:39
Their XP is showing at $429 right now just as an FYI

MARSH1
01-18-2010, 20:52
Their XP is showing at $429 right now just as an FYI

Out cost went so we had to go up $10. I will be leaving for SHOT in the morning and will look to strike a better deal.

Thanks
Marshall

HogGlocker
01-18-2010, 21:16
Oh, I understand.....name of the game.....suits me for not planning to do this last month when the rebate was going on....oh well...

I will certainly take a look back...enjoy Shot!

TrooperBrian
01-20-2010, 00:41
You missed the best time. Back at Christmas I got a brand new 516 for $273 shipped.

HogGlocker
01-20-2010, 16:56
I know I know I know...stop reminding me already:)

Christmas was hectic and Santa delivered a new pistol and a new shotgun to my Missus...the curse/blessing of a gun loving wife.

Its all good......I love seeing her get new firearms...

I will likely go with Eotech since I have had/used many others.....seems like folks either love them or hate them.

Seems like the XP is going to be my flavor.

Daekwan
01-21-2010, 10:12
XPS is really the way to go. Its the lightest weight, shortest length which are the 2 most desirable features. As far as reliability.. the battery is mounted sideways so there is no physical reason backwards recoil should interrupt the connections.

BigDaddyK
01-21-2010, 12:20
I bought mine from opticsplanet store on ebay. They had the "make offer" button on their listing. I paid $350 for mine shipped. I'd check that if you can.

fivestar
01-21-2010, 12:22
I just got my new XPS 2-0 on Tuesday and love it! I cant wait to sight it in tomorrow morning. I really like my old 516 too, but the XPS is even better!

doc540
01-21-2010, 16:04
Just another example of how Marsh delivers top notch customer service.

Buy from Primary Arms.

Resqu2
01-23-2010, 20:11
http://www.adxtactical.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=436&idcategory=52

Addax has a 512 for $365, I got mine from them, great to deal with also.