Tactical Solutions Glock 22LR Conversion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Solutions Glock 22LR Conversion

FSHNFVR
01-17-2010, 20:45
Stole this from another forum but did everyone see this. Maybe soon we will have conversions kits more readily available.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1851/14w62bn2.jpg

Fire_Medic
01-17-2010, 20:47
Stole this from another forum but did everyone see this. Maybe soon we will have conversions kits more readily available.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1851/14w62bn2.jpg

Ohhh, threaded barrel option for a silencer.....:whistling:

adaman04
01-17-2010, 20:51
Seems overpriced and why did they spell "sights" wrong?

tango44
01-17-2010, 20:59
There's not any info at all in the TS website!
Their prices are way up high.

DJ Niner
01-17-2010, 23:58
There's not any info at all in the TS website!
Their prices are way up high.Probably waiting to make an announcement at the Shot Show in the next few days, then they'll throw something up on the site.

If it works, I'll buy one. I owned one of the older AA Glock model kits a few years ago, and although it functioned flawlessly, it was too light and differently balanced to use it for realistic draw-and-fire-type practice, which was one of the primary reasons I wanted a rimfire kit in the first place. A closer-to-stock-weight steel slide might correct this problem for me.

hamburger
01-25-2010, 10:42
$350 for that kit?!?! Glocks (other then .45) with LE discount is only $399 here.

ChuteTheMall
01-25-2010, 10:46
If they build them, they will sell.

VOLGRAD
01-26-2010, 07:00
The .22lr conversion kits they sell are $450. I wouldn't be surprised with these prices.

hamburger
01-26-2010, 07:13
Handguns are overpriced in the first place. This conversion kit is highway robbery. I thought the Advantage Arms' kit was a lot until I saw this.

I asked this once before, but was never answered. I'm new to handguns and got my first a few weeks ago (glock21sf). The .45 Glocks (21, 30, 36) cost more then the others (17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27). Can anyone explain why?

jmack37
01-26-2010, 15:47
Handguns are overpriced in the first place. This conversion kit is highway robbery. I thought the Advantage Arms' kit was a lot until I saw this.

It's called supply and demand. Try finding an Advantage Arm's kit for a 17/22.

Jake

tango44
01-26-2010, 17:28
It's called supply and demand. Try finding an Advantage Arm's kit for a 17/22.

Jake

Please take no offense but there's a big difference between supply & demand and ripping off people.

Advantage Arms kit cannot cover all the demand that they have at the moment but they did not rise prices since the product came out years ago, you can still fin AA kit for $250 which in my opinion is a fair price for a great product.
Thank you.

DS12
01-26-2010, 21:24
LMFAO @ the price.

They can eat a fat one, that price is ridiculous.

St1650
01-26-2010, 22:09
I'd pay 500$CAD for the threaded model with the 14rounds but they'll probably sells for for ~650$

Thanis
05-16-2010, 15:42
The absolute only problem with the AA conversion has been the limitation of 10 rounds per mag, and maybe the weight difference.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tsg22-glock-ad?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=13

http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AASOS&Category_Code=GLK

TA conversion (example TSG-22) might be a tad bit better (if you are concerned about the weight and feel). It also has a 15 round mag, (I think) and that is a plus. TA's TSG-22 price tag is around $100 more than AA's L.E. 17-22, and if the quality is just the same as AA, then the price is about right, if you want to go the conversion direction.

I have never used the TSG, so I can't say for sure. I'm very happy with the L.E. 17-22., and can only state my experience has been great. I learned a lot about second shot placement, issues you don't get to address, when you are also learning the curve on recoil.

blackbag
05-22-2010, 19:33
When I e-mailed them, they stated that the Glock kits won't be available until Dec. 2010.

Dewey
06-12-2010, 13:46
Please take no offense but there's a big difference between supply & demand and ripping off people.

Advantage Arms kit cannot cover all the demand that they have at the moment but they did not rise prices since the product came out years ago, you can still fin AA kit for $250 which in my opinion is a fair price for a great product.
Thank you.

Maybe if AA had raised their prices, interested parties could find one.

LKGMADMAX
01-25-2011, 14:44
I placed an order with Midway for one last week, their site projects 02/07 for availability. I just called TSG direct, they said the availability will be more like mid to late March. I did order from them 2 additional 15rnd magazines, so I'll have them on hand once the kit comes in. It looks like the 300.00 price is not that out of line with the other kits that are out there if the quality is good.

The attached pic is from their site on FB. Looks like they are cranking them out.

Dave.1
01-25-2011, 14:55
You can get a threaded barrel for an AA kit. They don't sell the kits direct anymore but they do sell parts.

http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AASOS&Product_Code=ThreadedBarrel&Category_Code=GKParts

Dave

XDMerciless
01-25-2011, 15:48
Anyone hear any dates for a Glock19/23 variant?

dannymc
03-20-2011, 16:30
Has anyone put some ammo through one of these and if so how did they operate. I'm needing about six for a basic class I'm teaching. I don't want to buy six if they're junk.

Thanks in advance,
Dannymc

Dave.1
03-20-2011, 16:34
Pretty lengthy discussion here.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17075503#post17075503

Dave

AzShooter1
09-17-2011, 03:41
I got mine from Brownell's for $299.. Took a week to get it and I took it right to the range. Works great even with Blazer ammo. They recommend Blazer, Federall Auto Match and CCI MiniMag 40 grainers.

The Blazers group well but off hand at 10 yards will group 2 1/2 inches to 3 inches,. After 300 rounds the gun needs a cleaning.

AutoMatch groups much better but sitll in the 2 inch area off hand. I was able to put about 400 rounds through before I started getting cases sticking in the barrel. Another heavy clean up with my bruch, some Balistol and patches and I was back at it.

CCI Mini Mags were the best. Off a bench I put 50 rounds into a group the size of a silver dollar. No jams FTF or FTFs.

I intend to use the conversion kit for shooting Steel Challenge matches and bringing my speed back up.

I switched the sight out. It comes with OEM Glock sights but I put on a set from Dawson with a red FO front sight and a nice adjustable rear sight. I may put a dot sight on it soon for giggles.

I also ordered 4 more magazines from Midway. They only had the 10 rounders. I originally ordered the kit from them but it was backordered with no date recommended so I checked out Brownells. Cheaper and they had it in stock and shipped the same day.

After taking it apart to clean it make sure you snug down the two screws that hold down the firing pin assembly and use the loc tite that comes with the kit so that the screws don't back out. I learned that the hard way and was getting a number of jams. After tightening the screws up and loctiting them in place there were no more problems.

I found the best way to clean the barrel is with a bore snake. It also cleans the feed ramp Use a plastic tooth brush if you are using lead bullets to clean the back of the barrel. That lead and wax really makes the rounds stick in the chamber if not clean but it's not hard to get over 300 rounds out with no problems.