sell G27 to finance Gemini customs work? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : sell G27 to finance Gemini customs work?

2740dmx
01-17-2010, 20:01
Hello All,
I love my G27, and carry it with ease. I think it is one of the finest working carry guns I have ever owned.

BUT...

I have a Ruger SP101, and am dying to send it off to Gemini Customs for bead blasting, action job, deburring, chamfering, badger grips, and a gold bead front sight! (i do NOT want the porting-job they offer)

I cannot afford to send it off for work, but am wondering if i would be happy with the sp101 as my primary carry (compared to G27)

anyone ever gone from a G27 to a snubbie for primary carry?
anyone got photos of a G27 next to a ruger sp101, or other snubs?

any advice and thoughts are welcome!

Chup
01-18-2010, 17:41
I'm a die hard Revolver fan but, I all so have a G26 for the times I feel the need to have a hand full of Ammo. I would not sell the G27. I would find a way to fund the Custom Project. You will be sorry down the road and wish you had not sold it. Try a short term part time job maybe.

2740dmx
01-18-2010, 19:33
I'm a die hard Revolver fan but, I all so have a G26 for the times I feel the need to have a hand full of Ammo. I would not sell the G27. I would find a way to fund the Custom Project. You will be sorry down the road and wish you had not sold it. Try a short term part time job maybe.

I know... I have sold so many nice pistols over the years (sig/beretta/colt/cz/colt, etc) and still have not learned my lesson.

I know the G27 is so perfect, yet I always think the grass is always greener for concealed carry.

Thanks for the advice....
anyone else?

1canvas
03-13-2010, 06:23
i have had a 640 i have carried for years but after alot of thought i'm no longer comfortable with only 5 dao shots. i bought a 27 and don't think it gets much better for ccw. don't sell the 27, you will surely regret it if you do.

huntall50
03-13-2010, 06:56
Why does you name speak of the 27/.40 and not the SP101/.357...Be true to youself and KEEP the G27 as you CCW. Play with the Ruger.

Berto
03-14-2010, 10:54
I love the snubby revolver, but keep the 27.
I also have an sp101, and while customizing certainly is fun and adds panache, it won't make a huge difference in how well the gun protects you.

the perfesser
03-16-2010, 18:59
I agree with the other posters. Never sell a gun that you really like. I regret selling some of the the guns that I mildly liked. Keep the G27. Save up money for customizing the revolver. Or sell something else. You need more than one gun anyway, in case something happens to the other.

samarai
05-13-2010, 19:42
Don't sell that g27!! Carried a S&W 649 bodyguard while working undercover many years ago, carried it in my front pocket in a suede holster. Had the g27 been available, would've carried that instead. The g27 is just about perfect for off-duty, back-up while on duty and anything else you can think of. Save up for that custom work that you want, but DON'T SELL THE G27!

DonGlock26
05-13-2010, 20:55
You are better served with both weapons in your CCW battery-IMHO. If you use one in SD, you will need the other one right away. Imagine, your only CCW is taken as evidence, while upset family/gang members of a criminal might be looking for you....

DJ Niner
05-14-2010, 01:03
If you sell one, and send the other off for some gunsmithing work, what else do you have to take over the protection duties? If nothing, then that would be the strongest argument against selling the G27.

Here's a photo of my old S&W J-frame 5-shot .38 (337PD) on top of my G26. Five shots of .38, vs. nine .40s/.357s or ten rounds of 9mm? Easy choice for me; that snubby revolver was regulated to coat pocket duty until I got rid of it. For a holstered (not a drop-in-the-pocket) weapon, the baby Glocks stomp the small revolvers in every category but light weight.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9426/g26under337pdsy8.jpg

Glock 17L
05-14-2010, 07:03
First off Marc Morganti does some sweet work to S&W & Rugers, I met him several times while in Lexington at the Gunshows..
I once had three Ruger SP101s, two in 9mm & one in 38spl..
There great guns but are much too heavy to pocket carry compaired to the Airweight/Airlite S&W J Frames..
I'd keep your SP101 & Glock & order the sight you want from Marc & do the action job yourself, Go to the RugerForum.Net & get a copy of the IBOK for SP101 & a Wolff spring kit & have at it..
I had one SP101 that was SO SMOOOTH that everyone who handled it wanted to buy it
It was a $175 SP101 that I worked over & had Gemini Customs Fiber Optic sight & Hogue grips.. I ended up trading it for a Smith & Wesson 940 9mm revolver..
Don't sell the G27 because you'll miss it so much you'll just buy another..

DON'T SELL THE GLOCK 27