What tool to use to stake steel front site [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : What tool to use to stake steel front site

01-17-2010, 21:06
I am wanting to change the front sites on my Glocks to a factory steel model. What tool would be best to use to mash the hollow part down to secure the site? Wood punches work for this task or is there a better option?

01-17-2010, 22:21
If you get new style, it is screwed on. Need front sight nut driver.

If you have the stud type, you will need a Glock Front sight setter.

01-18-2010, 21:23
I agree, the best option is to get the Glock front sight tool. It comes with instructions.

01-19-2010, 10:45
I was able to reuse a pressed on Glock site but just putting it in the slot and peening the inside with a punch. Worked just fine.