What a great way to spend the day...shooting my shotgun!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What a great way to spend the day...shooting my shotgun!!!

mixflip
01-18-2010, 00:43
Nothing big, just spent the morning in the desert blasting a box of 100+ rounds through my Mossberg Maverick 88 security. I havent shot it all winter.

I know alot of folks will bring their shotgun to the range along with their pistols and rifles and end up not even shooting the shotgun.

Well today was nothing but shotgun day for me! Everybody else shot pistols but I just couldnt stop blowing away platic bottles that flew 10 feet in the air and watching dirt chunks fly!!!!!!

I practiced fast mag dumps, double taps (yea double taps!) underhand loads, over the top loads ect ect.

The devistating power of a 12 gauge is addictive! I am already daydreaming of interesting targets to blow up next weekend. When I pick up my Mossberg 930 SPX, I'll make a youtube video of shotgun day lol.

Jon_R
01-18-2010, 08:31
I really like shooting shotguns. It is a lot of fun.

I am a IPSC 3-Gun Match Director and always put a little extra into the shotgun stages. I even have a IPSC shotgun match I am running coming up on the 31st. 5 stages of shotgun ~100 rounds birdshot and 12 slugs.