Cleaning RCBS Chargemaster 1500 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning RCBS Chargemaster 1500

kueblerkt
01-18-2010, 13:54
I ended up buying the RCBS 1500 scale/dispenser combo yesterday and so far I love it!

My question is about cleaning out the residual powder that is left at the very bottom of the cylinder. I can get most of it out with the little brush that was included with the unit, but there is still a good portion of stubborn particles that I cant get out with a brush.

Any suggestions? I plan on using several different types of powder with this unit and dont really want to find out what happens if they get mixed together.

I was thinking maybe canned air?:dunno: Anything else?

n2extrm
01-18-2010, 17:12
Never had a problem with mine. I open the drain and use the brush. Then (while it is off and unpluged) I tilt it a little to empty the tube and the bottom of the hopper. I have how ever forgoten to CLOSE the drain and started to fill the hopper. Boy does that make a mess!

glock-ewe
01-19-2010, 16:56
Never had a problem with mine. I open the drain and use the brush. Then (while it is off and unpluged) I tilt it a little to empty the tube and the bottom of the hopper. I have how ever forgoten to CLOSE the drain and started to fill the hopper. Boy does that make a mess!

Been there done that. I have also CAREFULLY used my compressor to blow out the last little bit when I will be changing powders.

ah141nj
01-21-2010, 20:31
Compressed air in the can.
A lil dab will do ya

squirreld
01-21-2010, 20:57
I have how ever forgoten to CLOSE the drain and started to fill the hopper. Boy does that make a mess!

lol
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

lesson learned!