Second return to Emerson Knives. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Second return to Emerson Knives.

syntaxerrorsix
01-18-2010, 17:00
A brief recap.

In 2002-3 while working as a Dockmaster on the east coast of Florida I had a catastrophic lock failure on my Emerson Commander. I was attempting to cut free a mooring line in high winds (customers tie some nifty knots) and I apparently slapped the spine of the knife against the rope instead of looping behind it to cut it causing the lock to fail and me to bleed profusely until super glue arrived :supergrin:

Since then the knife could be easily flexed out of battery and a mild blow would knock it completely out as well I returned it for service to Emerson. Upon return I noticed no visible work had been done, I assumed they adjusted the lock tension or possibly polished up the mating surface. I checked the liner lock and it appeared to be functioning correctly again. After a few days of pocket carry the same conditions reappeared. I posted about the situation in another thread and procrastinated on shipping it off again until Mr. Emerson suggested I ship it back with a reminder that we had discussed the problem here on GT.

I have since boxed up my blade and have shipped it for one last look over to determine it's final outcome. I need to trust the knife and lock again or I'll just have to scrap it for one of my CQC7's or Spyderco's for EDC.

I'm hopeful for a permanent solution to one of my favorite EDC blades. Just thought I'd update the small group that visits the Cutting Edge and thank Mr. Emerson for taking a personal interest in my knife.

Hawk45
01-19-2010, 18:57
I wouldn't be surprised if you get a new one sent to you...customer service is usually very good there. Hope it comes back like a bank vault.

syntaxerrorsix
01-19-2010, 21:05
I'll gladly receive the knife repaired or new but would prefer the original blade if possible. You get use to a blade..

syntaxerrorsix
03-17-2010, 10:39
End results.

I'd like to thank Mr. Emerson for the quick turn around on my 2000 Commander. The first trip in for repair hadn't completely resolved my lock issue so EKI decided to replace the entire knife for a current 2010 Commander model. It's absolutely refreshing to see a company stand by behind it's product and work with it's customers problems so readily. I certainly appreciate it.

ronin.45
03-18-2010, 19:27
Good customer service is a rare and welcome thing nowadays. When I find it I stick with that company forever.