midwest industries 2pc drop in quad rails [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : midwest industries 2pc drop in quad rails

jwitagauge
01-18-2010, 22:40
does anyone have these? are they any good? how easy are they to install it says drop in but my experience with most things that say they are easy is that they aren't any help would be greatly appreciated

mvician
01-18-2010, 23:28
They are ok, easy to install, but IMO they are TOO FAT, especially with raill covers installed. YMMV

pic from way back when..............

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/Rico022.jpg

DLEE25
01-18-2010, 23:59
I agree they are fat compared to some of the higher end rails like KAC and Daniel Defense, but the MI is not much fatter than the standard grips on an M4. To me that's not really a big problem. The Non-free float rails were loose on my Stag M4. I really felt it when I mounted a bipod and vertical grip. I recently switched to the MI free float rail and its solid as rock. Bottom line is that MI is decent, and a good deal for the money. Sure there are more expensive and better rails out there but MI is still pretty good.

Kona2004
01-19-2010, 06:15
I just put it on my M&P15 a few weeks ago. They are very east to install. I had never changed out a handguard before and was able to do it in just a couple minutes. I didn't realize how east they were to change until I went to youtube.

lilc
01-28-2010, 21:34
Which do you guys think are better-quality 2-piece rails: Yankee Hill or Midwest?

cmslone
01-28-2010, 22:45
I'll throw a 3rd company in there. Troy. I just installed a set of DI rails from them and it took 3 minutes. They don't move, I am very happy with them.

Mnukedude
01-29-2010, 14:10
They seem fine to me, although I guess I would like them a bit narrower. As some have said, with rail covers they are a bit thick.

JASV.17
01-29-2010, 14:20
I'll throw a 3rd company in there. Troy. I just installed a set of DI rails from them and it took 3 minutes. They don't move, I am very happy with them.

I'll second that. Very happy with mine.

HAIL CAESAR
01-29-2010, 15:42
Which do you guys think are better-quality 2-piece rails: Yankee Hill or Midwest?

YHM is good stuff, but MI is better.

thunderbat
01-29-2010, 18:30
Have the MI 2 piece on one carbine. Little bit of wiggle that probably wouldn't bother most people, but of course it does me. Anyways, weight and quality are top notch. I went with the OD for this set-up, the color is not as outstanding as I would have thought. Bottom line is I will keep them- for this project anyways...