Help...Beretta neos problem. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help...Beretta neos problem.

turborat74
01-18-2010, 23:10
So i'm new to the GT forum and i recently got my ccw permit,and am a proud owner of a glock 19, glock 27 and a beretta neos u22. the neos i got used and it really looks like there was very little rounds shot through it. the problem i have is that every 8 rounds or so i get a fail to load. slide does not fully chamber the round. I put around 100 rounds through it this weekend and it's the first i shot it so i stripped and cleaned it put back together and cycled rounds through it manually with out actually firing it and i notice that it does the same thing. I notice it scrapes the jacket and puts a small dent on the casing of every round i cycle through it. and about once every eight rounds i get the failure to chamber the round completly, i have to tap the back of the slide to seat it fully.any help would be greatly appreciated.

GSSF17
01-19-2010, 06:34
Something has the chamber fouled. If you are sure it is clean, and not a dirty chamber problem, take it to a gunsmith or send it to Beretta.

Having to force the round into the chamber and "pushing" the gun into battery is very dangerous on that rimfire cartridge. Be careful. If you have a barrel light or similar, disassemble the unloaded weapon and check the bore/chamber.

Be safe and good luck.

bikerpipes
01-19-2010, 06:34
I have the neos and it has never FTF I have read they can be pickey about which amo you use. I use CCI mini mags the coating lets them feed better most have the best luck with the 40 grain some have problems with the hollow points. Just try switching amo and find out which it likes best don't give up they are sweet little pistols.

turborat74
01-19-2010, 08:13
thanks for the replys guys, i have tried the round nose cci mini mags,hp mini mags, and 2 diff. kinds of remington round nose with the same results out of both. i guess at this point i'll take it to be looked at. thanks...