Steel Challenge Rimfire Pistol [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Steel Challenge Rimfire Pistol

A6Gator
01-19-2010, 22:17
I'm looking for a .22 rimfire pistol for shooting Steel Challenge. So far, I've distilled my choices down to the Ruger Mk III, 5.5 in, bull barrel, the Buckmark Practical URX and the Buckmark Contour 5,5 URX.
I like a fiber optic sight on the front and I know I can do that w/the Mk III and the Practical comes with one. Not sure if a fiber is available for the Contour.
I'll probably put a dot on it later, so having the Weaver mount on the Mk III and Contour make it easier. Not sure about the ease of mounting a dot on the Practical.

So for you Steel Challenge shooters: what are you using, anything you'd do differently and am I headed in the right direction?

BuckyP
01-20-2010, 07:01
I use a full size GLOCK with an AA conversion top. I put Warren / Sevigny sights on it. Only difference (besides caliber and slide length) to the G34 I use is you can't really mess with the trigger. Anything other than the factory connector tends to double. Still, it works really well for me.

Matrix68
01-21-2010, 22:53
I use a Beretta NEOS....works great, no issues.

mteagle1
01-21-2010, 23:41
Ruger 22/45 with Volquartsen trigger parts a TacSol barrel with comp and a C-More sight.

TonyT
01-22-2010, 21:10
S&W Model 41, Browning Buckmar or Ruger.