Aimpoint zero [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint zero

Goldendog Redux
01-20-2010, 02:33
Forgive me for this most basic question but I just got a pretty good deal on an Aimpoint M2.

Can I ghetto zero the Aimpoint with 1/3 lower cowitness (Larue Mount) by just dialing the dot down to the top of the front sight? I don't know why its a tough concept for me to grasp.

Since the dot "floats" around within the aperture in relation to where the eye is then with a lower third the dot (assuming its zeroed ) will sit right on top or slightly covering the front sight correct when using the irons?

If I flipped both my sights down (Colt 6940) and zeroed the Aimpoint for the same distance as my irons 50 yds and then flip the sights up and got a sight picture the dot will be on the front sight-right?

My head hurts now.

MF

1time
01-20-2010, 02:53
Yes, you are correct.

Goldendog Redux
01-20-2010, 03:09
Thanks.

MADBMW
01-20-2010, 10:07
For what it's worth, I am not sure if the lower 1/3 co witness mounts work with this technique. I have an absolute co witness mount and when looking through irons, the dot sits right on top of the front sight post. I am aware that Aimpoints are virtually paralax free, but I am not sure how that applies to initial zero with a lower 1/3 co witness. I am interested in the answer to this question, so please let me know how it works out for you.

1time
01-20-2010, 13:02
It works the same for 1/3 or absolute. That's the great part about the aimpoints. If you can see the dot that's where the bullet will go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMurphy
01-20-2010, 13:06
The windage will be dead on, the elevation can be off a few clicks.