Chicagoland Outdoors Show: Any good for Powder or Primers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Outdoors Show: Any good for Powder or Primers?

JohnW1963
01-20-2010, 14:21
Next week is the Chicagoland Outdoors Show in Rosemont, Illinois. Admission is $10 so I don't want to pay that unless there is a good chance I'll be able to pick up some Powder or Primers for reasonable rates. I figure I hope to save on the $25.00 Haz-Mat fee. Does anybody know from experience whether or not the venders there are even selling Powder or Primers? And, are they totally price gouging people with the prices or are they reasonable going rates on the prices?

My other option is to hit a few local county gun shows the end of January beginning of February. Anybody know if they are price gouging or not? (Kane County, DuPage County, Princeton IL)?

Thanks for any feedback.

unfortunate son
01-21-2010, 16:10
JohnW

I don't know how far you are from the Hoffman Estates Cabela's, but they might have what you need in stock, without paying addmision fees. I get most of my powder and primers at my local (Hammond, IN) store. They actually had primers in stock today.

meleors
01-22-2010, 09:59
Was at Kane County at the beginning of Jan. The dealers are nuts. $45-$50 per thousand for primers! The prices for brass were also bad.
Hell, Gat Guns in Dundee are $36 per thou. for primers.