What building block do I start w/ for a nice AR? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What building block do I start w/ for a nice AR?

skippz
01-20-2010, 15:09
I own a sig 556 and have already decked it out, I have a dpms LR-308 sportical that I haven't even fired, but I want a run of the mill AR I can soup up!... I want the input of some experts. I want dust cover, forward assist, shell deflector present, all mil-spec parts & I don't care to buy the upper, lower seperate... It would be cool if I could getta "pistol" stamped (w/ the
10" barrel upper) but its not necessary. Any feedback would be SWWWEEETT!

txpitdog
01-20-2010, 15:42
www.bravocompanyusa.com

They have more options to choose from than you have money!

I have the LR-308 AP4 and love it! Great gun, even if it isn't mil-spec.

skippz
01-20-2010, 16:15
I had a H***-on for an ap4 but couldn't afford it :(
I paid $1020 for my sportical otd though and I intend on souping it up if thats possible... is it? I would like to have some new rails (free-floating if possible) and maybe one day a match barrel... what do you think?

txpitdog
01-20-2010, 16:27
I would assume that a DPMS can be modified, but I know that the LR-308 uses different mags than other 308 AR's. I don't know if DPMS is all propietary, and if so, the amount you could customize it would be limited. It might just be that way with the 308's. Not sure.

At Bravo Company, you could "build" an AR for the same as what you'd pay for a DPMS, but it would be fully mil-spec and fully customizable if you ever wanted to change it up later.

Flinter
01-20-2010, 16:57
The DPMS uses the newer magpul .308 mag as do some others. Still wanting to buil me a .308 AR sometime in the not excessively distant future, still looking around for parts, and they seem to be a bit more limited.