Considering a Remington 11-87 purchase [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Considering a Remington 11-87 purchase

ScrappyDoo
01-20-2010, 20:02
Hi all,

Bout to make two (poss 3) fairly-significant (to me) longgun purchases...

Probably a 12 gauge shotgun, bolt action rifle, and maybe a .22 something or other for survivalist preparation...

I am enamored with the Remington 11-87, probably the Sportsman synthetic...

Can anyone give me some feedback? Good choice? Is there an 11-87 model I'd rather have? Lets say the use will be a trifecta of home defense, sport shooting, and hunting (don't do a LOT of skeet shooting but will do more after the purchase and don't hunt so much but again would probably take it up with this)...

[On a side note I also am really wanting the Remington 700 SPS .308 for the Bolt Action rifle, any feedback suggestions etc?]

As always THANKS and much appreciated.

-Scrap

mixflip
01-20-2010, 20:12
I have an 11-87. How much are you buying yours for just curious?

ScrappyDoo
01-20-2010, 20:14
Well not really sure...I was googling and it looked like i was spending $700 bare minimum ... I am just beginning to price and spec.... I get a decent chunk of change (for me that is ) NEXT friday from the Tax Man and I have it earmarked for home defense/survival preparation ;)

That includes long guns IMHO :)

Why what should I expect?

mixflip
01-20-2010, 22:34
I looked on gunbroker.com and they seemed to bounce around $400 up to $900 depending on its setup? Buying just an 11-87 fully rifled barrels alone is $250+.

Ljay
01-21-2010, 16:09
Good bang for the buck I think, I know the Benelli gas systems are very popular, But
I would buy two 11-87,s before spending the same money on one Benelli, not knocking it or other manufactures, Have had several 1100,s 11-87,s over the last 30yrs, and believe it is a great system, Even more now with the inter changeable choke systems, Very smooth.

mixflip
01-21-2010, 19:55
Ok I just checked the blue book of guns. My 11-87 with a polymer stock and 21" rifled barrel and no tube extension in 80% to 90% condition is worth...$390 to $500

My favorite pawn shop said if they bought it off me they would re-sell it for $500.

$700 seems pretty steep bro? But I guess you are buying brand new, so that makes more sense I guess?

ScrappyDoo
01-21-2010, 20:09
I called one of the two major/main shops in my general (20-30 mins) area...

Bought the G23 from smaller of the shops, will probably wind up doing more business with the other (the smaller, 1st one I visited had the NIB G23 I wanted, WHEN I wanted, and that was that)...

They said that they didn't have the Remington 700 SPS Synthetic .308 OR the Remington 11-87 Sportsman Synthetic 12ga. in-stock. They did say, "that believe it or not, Remington 11-87's are only in synthetic now" (I am not vouching for that simply quoting..) they said EACH would run "Around $700" (again exact quote) and that they didn't have what I wanted instock but would easily order and take a week or two.

I asked if I ordered both if they would give me a deal and he said "Naw we really don't do that..." and I said, "Fair enough, then I'll just shop around and maybe order from the net" and he was like "Wait wait wait the boss isn't here, why don't you come in and talk to the boss? Maybe we can work something out..."

I chuckled and added I wanted the 11-87, the 700, some sort of decent scope (Maybe an inexpensive Leupold?) installed on the 700, a Marlin .22LR, and night sights installed on my new G23 ... and I want to do it all in a few weeks and pay at the same time...

Then he said, "definitely come in and talk to us" ... Lmfao. Will do.

Guess they really want my income tax refund ! It would go to more Glocks but I'd have to wait several months on the application again (thanks NJ!)