Glock 23 FTF on last round [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 23 FTF on last round

BarneyB
01-20-2010, 20:37
Glock 23 FTF Follow up
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #8c735a; COLOR: #8c735a" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->I have put abt 1000 rounds through my Glock 23 . I get an FTF every 150 rounds or so. What's very perplexing to me is that the FTF ALWAYS occurs with the LAST round in the mag. I have 6 mags in total, and have been using 3. All have #8 followers and 2 Stamped by Glock Logo. I don't believe I limpwrist, but am willing to consider the possibility. In fact, I'd be delighted if that were the case. What makes no sense is that this happens with the last round. Statistically speaking, the limpwristing should be more random i.e. midway or early in the mag cycle. I am at a total loss. I sent one of the 2 mags that was giving me a problem to glock and they are going to look at it. I can't see anything wrong with any of the mags. I've taken them apart. I keep the pistol very clean and oiled. Fred, at Glock, suggested that perhaps it's a weak recoil spring (if that's the case, that's disturbing - happening after 1000 rounds), but again, why with the last round? I'd appreciate your all's feedback.
<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

bubba541
01-23-2010, 12:45
Fail to feed I' guessing. Most of the time a failure to feed is shooter induced if not next factor is mag spring and last is something dragging on the slide during it rearward movement that stops it from going back enough to pick up the next round. The 1st and 3rd are many times together causing issues ie.. shooters thumb pressing on the slide or limp wristing. I'm no engineer but if the recoil spring was weak enough to not feed the last round the slide would just hang on the round halfway because it would still go all the way back during ejection. Take your pistol....UNLOAD IT.....remove the mag.....point it muzzle up....pull the trigger if the slide falls out of battery from it's own weight the recoil spring is weak and needs to be replaced. If it happens with the last round of every mag I think it's you, if only certain id'd mags then it is most likely the mag.

Also your more likely to "limpwrist" with a near empty mag due to there being less weight on the gun to counter the recoil of the slide.