Kimber magazine question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber magazine question

bdoub1eu
01-21-2010, 13:20
Hi all! I'm asking this for my father who just purchased the Kimber Pro CDP II. He was shooting it for the first time and had a few FTF issues and the guys at the range told him to replace the stock magazine with a Wilson magazine. Said it was a known issue and everyone that has a Kimber replaces the default magazine with some other manufacturer. My question do all of the Wilson magazines come with the "bump" on the baseplate or are any of them flush? Thanks in advance guys!

krunchnik
01-21-2010, 13:34
I have around 6 of the Wilson Mags and none that I have are flush,you can buy them with the metal baseplate that makes them shorter overall,I have 2 with the steel baseplate and thay work as good as the others,I also dont like the base sticking way out especially for carry.

swinokur
01-21-2010, 13:44
Hi all! I'm asking this for my father who just purchased the Kimber Pro CDP II. He was shooting it for the first time and had a few FTF issues and the guys at the range told him to replace the stock magazine with a Wilson magazine. Said it was a known issue and everyone that has a Kimber replaces the default magazine with some other manufacturer. My question do all of the Wilson magazines come with the "bump" on the baseplate or are any of them flush? Thanks in advance guys!

I have 4 Kimber mags and have never had a problem with any of them.

YMMV

Rinspeed
01-21-2010, 16:08
I have 4 Kimber mags and have never had a problem with any of them.

YMMV

I've owned two Kimbers and never tried the stock mags even once. :dunno:

hdbob
01-21-2010, 16:19
I have heard many issues with the kimber mags on here and various other sites..... also if the gun is new, maybe it needs some break in time

Jason D
01-21-2010, 16:33
I have had several different Kimbers since their introduction of their 1911 pistol. The ones I have left are one of their early guns, and one of their newer Gold Match pistols.

Not one single Kimber magazine ever gave me trouble. Not the cheap looking blued one that came with my early Target, nor the Kimber stamped new ones.

I would shoot them.

If you just have to have new ones, there are a half a dozen companies that make quality magazines. Mec-Gar, Metalform, Trip, Wilson, Checkmate, Chip McCormick all make decent magazines. I personally prefer Metalform, and avoid Wilson.