3.5# trigger conversion & IDPA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 3.5# trigger conversion & IDPA

45user
01-22-2010, 14:41
Hi,
I am about to go shoot my first IDPA in Feburuary and I have a question on IDPA rule. If you were to change out trigger to 3.5, sight and factory extended slide stop, can i still shoot this thing in the SSP division?
Thanks for your help.

Jon_R
01-22-2010, 14:59
Yes.

You can have trigger work done. Extended slide stop is a factory option on Glocks (34 and 35) they are legal in SSP regardless of the model Glock you have. Sights are fine as long as you stick to traditional notch and post. FO is still ok as long as notch and post design.

Jon_R
01-22-2010, 15:03
SSP

PERMITTED Modifications (Inclusive list):
1. Sights may be changed to another conventional notch and
post type (see “sights” in glossary for further information).
2. Grips may be changed to another style or material that is
similar to factory configuration (no weighted grips; see
“weighted grips” in glossary for further details).
3. A slip-on grip sock and/or skateboard tape may be used.
4. Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as
long as safety is maintained (no visible external modifications
allowed).
5. Reliability work may be done to enhance feeding and
ejection.
6. Internal accuracy may be worked to include replacement of
barrel with one of factory configuration and original caliber.
7. Plastic plugs may be used to fill the opening behind the
magazine well.
8. Custom finishes may be applied.
NOTE: The slide releases and magazine releases that are standard
on the Glock 34 and 35 models are available as a factory option on
all Glocks available in the USA. Because of this, that type of slide
release and magazine release are legal on all Glocks for SSP.

Page 20 from Rule Book.

1stSSPZ
01-23-2010, 06:53
If thats your first match, prepare yourself to be HOOKED!

jhayesvw
01-23-2010, 11:56
you WILL have fun.
just dont get frustrated at all the rules.
give it some time.

i got frustrated at procedural penalties like not walking backward fast enough while shooting that i switched to USPSA after only 2 IDPA matches.

i may do both after a while.

Jon_R
01-23-2010, 12:06
you WILL have fun.
just dont get frustrated at all the rules.
give it some time.

i got frustrated at procedural penalties like not walking backward fast enough while shooting that i switched to USPSA after only 2 IDPA matches.

i may do both after a while.

You should not have gotten a procedural for that. You can be required to shoot while moving but there is no speed requirement. As long as you are moving to include baby steps you are within the rules.

A way the course designer can encourage the shooter to move faster is put the last target 10 ft or 5 yards behind the shooter starting position and position your muzzle safe points so you must be up range of the last target. That makes the shooter move faster but if they still go slow it is not a procedural.

jhayesvw
01-23-2010, 14:46
yeah, i know i shouldnt have, but i did.

and what really made me mad was when they told other people to speed up and did not give them penalties.
oh well, i guess maybe they were worried i would beat them. LOL (not likely)

i will stick with USPSA for now.

HK Dan
01-25-2010, 10:20
That can be a weakness in IDPA, Jhayes. Sometimes the subjectivity of the penalties can just suck the fun out of a stage. We have 9 certified SOs and we take pains to get everyone on the same page in terms of what is/should be/should not be a penalty during the walk-through. Out of those 9, we have 1 "range Nazi", and I take pains to keep him on the clip board rather than the timer. <g>

Duck of Death
01-25-2010, 18:08
I'm a IDPA SO and I take tiny baby steps when movement is called for. That's unless (as mentioned) the course description demands you haul ass.

I would, however, take their advice to increase the length of my steps--OFF THEIR RANGE AND NOT COME BACK.

To the new shooter, I suggest you read the rule book:

http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

jhayesvw
01-25-2010, 21:11
I'm a IDPA SO and I take tiny baby steps when movement is called for. That's unless (as mentioned) the course description demands you haul ass.

I would, however, take their advice to increase the length of my steps--OFF THEIR RANGE AND NOT COME BACK.

To the new shooter, I suggest you read the rule book:

http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

yeah. i have stopped shooting IDPA and now i shoot USPSA. its much more fun to me. less rules and subjectivity. just more complicated scoring, but not bad.

45user
01-26-2010, 11:17
Thanks all for you replies. Now I hope my sights and parts get here in time ;)

freeidaho
01-30-2010, 00:15
Less rules in USPSA? Have you ever seen their rule book?

kr

jhayesvw
01-30-2010, 00:25
Less rules in USPSA? Have you ever seen their rule book?

kr

when you actually shoot, they dont tell you how to do it like IDPA. that is what im getting at. there are no procedural penalties for not walking fast enough, or shooting when youre not covered, or slicing the pie, etc.

WellArmedSheep
01-31-2010, 01:13
when you actually shoot, they dont tell you how to do it like IDPA. that is what im getting at. there are no procedural penalties for not walking fast enough, or shooting when youre not covered, or slicing the pie, etc.

I'm sorry the club you shot with isn't following the IDPA rulebook. Please don't think (or suggest) that this applies to IDPA as a whole. Of the 5 clubs I shoot with monthly, none has ever dinged me for moving too slowly.

Read the rulebook- or better yet take the SO class- and you'll be better prepared to deal with idiot SO's.