P mags [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : P mags

ramblinoak
01-22-2010, 21:46
does anyone know about the magpul pmags.......why do i see some adds saying (non M version).......what is up with the M are they a better verson or not so good...........

thanks ramblinoak...........

cmslone
01-22-2010, 22:10
The M versions have an upgraded follower, new ribbing on the outside and the feedlip cover can now be clipped to the bottom of the mag.

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2010, 22:28
The M versions have an upgraded follower, new ribbing on the outside and the feedlip cover can now be clipped to the bottom of the mag.

What He said,.......

cmslone, :welcome: to GlockTalk! :wavey:
Glad you decided to join us! :supergrin:

lawman800
01-23-2010, 00:32
Just picked up 3 of those new Pmags.

Krigloch
01-23-2010, 01:40
any place got them on sale?

markman
01-23-2010, 03:54
Magpul Window PMAG Gen 1 (NON REV M) 10 Pack (Foliage Green) for $99.95 FREE Shipping

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product/2605/magpul-window-pmag-gen-1-non-rev-m-foliage-green%E2%80%93%E2%80%93-10-pack.cfm

cmslone
01-23-2010, 11:18
What He said,.......

cmslone, :welcome: to GlockTalk! :wavey:
Glad you decided to join us! :supergrin:

Thanks for the welcome!

I didn't realize this was my first post. I like to lurk more than post most of the time. I'll get some pics of my OD G26, Mossberg 500 Tactical and AR(soon to be Foliage) up here soon.

furioso2112
01-23-2010, 18:14
Palmetto State Armory (a sponsor here) recently had a 10/100 deal, too, IIRC. they often have great prices and reasonable shipping.

I have both pre- and M-revision PMags, never had a problem with either.

3glkdog
01-24-2010, 00:34
does anyone know about the magpul pmags.......why do i see some adds saying (non M version).......what is up with the M are they a better verson or not so good...........

thanks ramblinoak...........

All cosmetic on the outside. Both version works the same. One is not better then other.

Seattle206
01-24-2010, 01:10
from my observation, it seems that the current pmags arent as good of quality as the previous generation. The window generally looks cheaper, the overall feel of it doesnt feel as robust as the last gen. The plastic is thinner as I can squeeze the side of the magazine where the last gen is very thick. Also the current gen has more wobble to it.

but other than those things it works just the same, just not sure if it will pass the "truck test" that made the pmags famous.

ramblinoak
01-24-2010, 15:38
thanks for the information.........................

ramblin

coooltom
01-24-2010, 16:11
I like the ridges on the older style better. You get a better grip on them! Magpul smoothed the ridges so they wouldn't bind up in multi-mag and tight fitting pouches. The dust cover clipped to the bottom of the new ones are nice. I have 20 of the old ones and thought about changing them out but now I think I'll keep them.

jobob
01-24-2010, 16:57
IMHO the Pmags, whether M or not, are the best AR mags on the market. Those 10/$100 deals are excellent!

WayaX
01-24-2010, 17:26
IMHO the Pmags, whether M or not, are the best AR mags on the market. Those 10/$100 deals are excellent!

That's an opinion. While I really like pmags, I wouldn't call them the best. They don't work in some guns, however (FS2000 to name one). Also, when it gets really cold, the feed lips will crack when dropped. All-in-all it's worth having a pack (10), but I like having a diversity of AR magazines. My favorite are probably Lancer L5's.

jobob
01-24-2010, 17:32
That's an opinion. While I really like pmags, I wouldn't call them the best. They don't work in some guns, however (FS2000 to name one). Also, when it gets really cold, the feed lips will crack when dropped. All-in-all it's worth having a pack (10), but I like having a diversity of AR magazines. My favorite are probably Lancer L5's.

Yeah, huh, that's why I said IMHO.

I have a couple Lancers. They seem to work fine, but the mag bodies seem thin and may not be too durable.

lawman800
01-24-2010, 17:39
I love my IMI Orlites, even though I got Pmags and Lancers too.

markman
01-24-2010, 17:47
WayaX
Where did you get your info about the P-Mags lips cracking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ggogp67rRU

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=535231

bug
01-24-2010, 17:54
I love my IMI Orlites, even though I got Pmags and Lancers too.

Mine work great also (IMI Orlites) I bought them during the ban for a song at the time 14 bucks....
But Pmags are great mags, however as some have said they do not work in some rifles but i think they have a version for those rifles called the Emag..

Tucson_1
01-26-2010, 21:25
I picked up my "M" versions for $14 something each and they are worth every penny. They run flawlessly in my rifle. Many share the opinion that they are the best magazine on the market. I can't make that claim because I've not tried all available mags on the market, but they are the best I've laid hands on...

AK_Stick
01-26-2010, 23:52
I only use P-mags for duty. Absolute best on the market.

You can do things with them no other AR mag will do. Yet I can't think of a single thing the rest of the mags can do that they cant.

Chuck TX
01-27-2010, 00:07

You can do things with them no other AR mag will do. Yet I can't think of a single thing the rest of the mags can do that they cant.

Bend or pick up with a magnet. :supergrin:

AK_Stick
01-27-2010, 00:11
you can do both with a Pmag.

One requires you to get it really really hot, the other to fill it with something ferric.

lawman800
01-27-2010, 02:03

Sounds like the P-mag is going to become the 10mm of the magazine world.

What if you load 10mm rounds into a P-mag? Would the sheer awesomeness of them combined instantly vaporize every living thing in a 30' radius?:whistling:

vafish
01-27-2010, 07:24

The only thing I think you can do with GI mags that you can't do with the PMags is leave them out in the sun for a long time.

Plastics will eventually break down in the sunshine, aluminum won't.

KalashniKEV
01-27-2010, 08:02
All cosmetic on the outside. Both version works the same. One is not better then other.

The plastic is thinner as I can squeeze the side of the magazine where the last gen is very thick. Also the current gen has more wobble to it.

The old version was super tight in my magwell and didn't drop free. I don't have the revised version, but I understood that this was addressed. This would account for the thinner walls.

I don't buy into the hype, and the plastic feed lips are a nogo for me. They cloned the floorplate style of the Bulgarian '74 mag, they should have incorporated the reinforced feed lips as well, IMO. USGI w/ a Magpul follower (or green is GTG too) for me.

They do look all cool and pimpy though...

lawman800
01-27-2010, 11:03
The only thing I think you can do with GI mags that you can't do with the PMags is leave them out in the sun for a long time.

By the time the plastic degrades to any appreciable degree to compromise function, we would not be around to worry about it.:upeyes:

AK_Stick
01-28-2010, 18:09
The old version was super tight in my magwell and didn't drop free. I don't have the revised version, but I understood that this was addressed. This would account for the thinner walls.

I don't buy into the hype, and the plastic feed lips are a nogo for me. They cloned the floorplate style of the Bulgarian '74 mag, they should have incorporated the reinforced feed lips as well, IMO. USGI w/ a Magpul follower (or green is GTG too) for me.

They do look all cool and pimpy though...

Those plastic feed lips will stand up to feeding a M-249. Which the metal USGI will not....

USGI is fine, I have plenty that I aquired. But if your spending money on them, P-mags are a better product

bug
01-28-2010, 19:44
Sounds like the P-mag is going to become the 10mm of the magazine world.

What if you load 10mm rounds into a P-mag? Would the sheer awesomeness of them combined instantly vaporize every living thing in a 30' radius?:whistling:

If you load 10mm into a pmag and put it out in the sun It will go nuclear in under 30 seconds. :shocked:
You boys know better than to tell others on the net how to make bombs!!:whistling:

lawman800
01-28-2010, 20:35
Somebody call the NRC to put P-mags under the list of restricted items like they do with EOTech and Trijicon sights.